Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectfew pics of sheps car at maryland nopi show
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=2319
2319, few pics of sheps car at maryland nopi show
Posted by 2g99RSNC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

i've got more pics i've just got to find them he switched to a different class this year and he doesnt really stand a chance in it but i guess he can win more money in it
he did pretty good made it to the finals but still lost by over 1sec even with one of his best runs of the day. no one stands a chance against the other guy he just slaughters everyone.
hopefully he can find some more power but i dought unless the other guy breaks he will beable to beat him.

also there were to 2 1g's in the 2 power adder class running in the 10's the 1g would have prob won it all but broke after running a 10.05 run. also these cars in this class are street cars

fully built, gt70 turbo, and F.A.S.T standalone what more do i need to say
2320, RE: few pics of sheps car at maryland nopi show
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It makes sense that he switched classes since he was completely dominating the last one. Now he has some work ahead of him to be able to compete. I am assuming he is the only AWD car in the new class?
2321, RE: few pics of sheps car at maryland nopi show
the car he is loosing to is front wheel drive cobalt he lost by over a sec and 30+mph he is loosing badly off line and the other car continued to pull him badly
shep was low 9's and the other dude was in the 7's
there where abunch of records broke that weekend one of the supras on street tires busted out a 7.9@180mph

2322, RE: few pics of sheps car at maryland nopi show
his class now is pro 4cylinder and the guy he lost to is gary gardella who has basically broke all the records in that class this year with his new car

2323, RE: few pics of sheps car at maryland nopi show
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Shep is running a completely new Setup and is working out the bugs with this new system. Give it some time and see what happens. He already broke his fastest trap that day at 170mph. His clutch was slipping real bad he couldn't remedy it in time. I am sure once he gets all the bugs worked out, he will be alot more competitive.
2324, RE: few pics of sheps car at maryland nopi show
yeah i hope he can get it going faster but still he does have a full frame car compared to gary's but it will just take time. he did change the clutch out before the finals though i seen them working on it

the main place he was loosing was off the line but still with his problems he still made it to the finals as u said its just going to take some time to get everything right
2325, RE: few pics of sheps car at maryland nopi show
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah he went from street disc to 6 puck....and it was still slipping.

GT70? I thought he was running a GT42R....well that is what he told me.
2326, RE: few pics of sheps car at maryland nopi show
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBald
yeah he went from street disc to 6 puck....and it was still slipping. GT70? I thought he was running a GT42R....well that is what he told me.

GT70 is what the that posted has, not Shep.
2327, RE: few pics of sheps car at maryland nopi show
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Shep has also never launched his car hard. If he did that he would tear the unibody off the wheels :)

He was running 8's with 1.4 60' times. Unheard of.
I generated this page in 0.009768009185791 seconds, executing 7 queries.