Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectOMG that's mad JDM tyte, y0!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=2247
2247, OMG that's mad JDM tyte, y0!
Posted by BRU_ce, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, so I'm still on my seemingly never-ending quest for a good 1G AWD and I just got what seems like a great offer!

The car is a completely stock 1G Talon except for a JDM Evo III swap, a 16G and 550cc injectors. The guy says the new engine has 270HP, but I am not familiar at all with the "JDM" engines.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject? Are JDM engines considered "superior" to the 6 bolt? Are they the same?
2248, RE: OMG that's mad JDM tyte, y0!
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Same block. The Evo III came with a 16g and 550cc injectors factory. If they are factory injectors they would have a yellow top (I think). As for HP on the motor I dont know if 270 was factory on the EvoIII or if hes actually dyno'd it and tuned a little. Find out more about it before you buy it. Never know whats been done to it.
2249, RE: OMG that's mad JDM tyte, y0!
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BRU_ce
Ok, so I'm still on my seemingly never-ending quest for a good 1G AWD and I just got what seems like a great offer! The car is a completely stock 1G Talon except for a JDM Evo III swap, a 16G and 550cc injectors. The guy says the new engine has 270HP, but I am not familiar at all with the "JDM" engines. Can anyone shed any light on the subject? Are JDM engines considered "superior" to the 6 bolt? Are they the same?

i dont know much about 'jdm' engines, however, i personally would not consider a car with an engine swap stock at all...

does it have boost gauge, safc, exhaust or upgraded ic??
2250, RE: OMG that's mad JDM tyte, y0!
Posted by BRU_ce, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, what I meant by stock was that it doesn't have an exhaust, fuel management, BOVs, or any other mods except for the swap.
2251, RE: OMG that's mad JDM tyte, y0!
Posted by EvMan2345, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
heres a lil info i found doing a really quick search- it came up with something from some lancer/evo club website:

The engine was tuned to run at higher speeds, pumping out 270PS at 6250rpm, with maximum torque unchanged at 31.5Kg-m at 3000rpm. Changes to the engine included: reduced back pressure throughout the exhaust system, the result of a fatter front exhaust pipe and lower pressure losses in the main muffler; a new turbocharger compressor; and a higher compression ratio.

And a link to Tooners... http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1292950

Evan B
97 GS- FOR SALE
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com
I generated this page in 0.010908842086792 seconds, executing 7 queries.