Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectBudgeted Upgrade Paths and YOUR experiences...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=2033
2033, Budgeted Upgrade Paths and YOUR experiences...
Posted by NHH223, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Alright, I bombed the re-take of the insurance exam. I owe the company like $300 for the class, the book, and the first test. I was offered a job as an entry-level mechanic at the place I got my car inspected at. 48/hr week, health insurance, $16/hr and $24/hr for overtime. Do the math after taxes and I'll have a steady $650-ish paycheck. The owner will also front me the $300 to get out of the contract with the insurance company.

I know there are a lot of people who will tell me what sites to look at for perfomance mods and what not, but I'm looking for a more satisfiable and enjoying while budgeted plan to upgrade my car.

My end goal is to have a fully built, high HP 450-500 (dynoed) GS-T with an LSD, huge turbo, front mount etc etc. Exterior will probably be a slightly lowered look with a '97 turbo full conversion and sound wise, a couple of new door speakers, a box and subs will satisfy me.

After I get the job, get the inspection sticker, where should I start?

I was thinking of doing things in parts, ie short shifter, under-hood, and shift plate bushing, then something like a turbo back exhaust, then head towards a fuel upgrade and build around getting a bigger turbo, then finally get it.

I wanna hear what you guys did, what you guys really liked, and where a good place for me to start is. I'm keeping my stock 2G bov on until I get the GM MAF and MAF-T.

Thanks in advance, your friendly Jamericapanesean
I generated this page in 0.010935068130493 seconds, executing 7 queries.