Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectGST no Torque?????
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=156
156, GST no Torque?????
Posted by 1tymeGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've had my gst for bout 2 weeks now and still no torque and the acceleration feels like the acceleration from a gs/rs....maybe I'm expecting too much or maybe its just my car...

I thought gsts' was suppose to have madd torque and great acceleration so I want to know if any one here who owns a gst is experiencing the same thingI want to know if any one here who owns a gst is experiencing the same thing..... and or is it just cause i dont know how to drive a manual gst???? or is it cause i need mods *motor is completely stock*??

want some feedback...Thanks!
157, RE: GST no Torque?????
Posted by 420a-Tnthewerks, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What did you have before to compare it to? Have you done/checked the regular maintenance parts?
158, RE: GST no Torque?????
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Boost leak??? Maintence issues? the GST shold be faster than a RS/GS.
159, RE: GST no Torque?????
how would i check for boost leak?
160, RE: GST no Torque?????
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://vfaq.com

go there, read until your eyes bleed.
161, RE: GST no Torque?????
Posted by T_K, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Diceman19
http://vfaq.com go there, read until your eyes bleed.

and then some more
162, RE: GST no Torque?????
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Are you sure the damn turbo is spooling??
Even a stock gst would feel 10x faster than a 2gnt.
Something is seriously wrong there.

----------------------------------------
GT35 and stuff.
Lucky Number 6 ...
163, RE: GST no Torque?????
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Check for boost leaks, change your plugs and do a compression test. When you pull the plugs out, line them up and see if any look "different". If so, post a pic.
164, RE: GST no Torque?????
I will do that eclipzGST, just got off work and i have the rest of the day off so ill get pics and post em up and THANKS for all the help so far
165, RE: GST no Torque?????
Posted by 97eclipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
And for the record, stock turbos do not have "mad torque". And it could also be that you don't know how to drive (no offense). If you just try and romp on the throttle at a low rpm, don't expect much. But if you rev it up to like 4000 and drop the clutch, it should take off faster than any car you have driven (I'm guessing anyways). Also, the t-25 has no top end at all, so once the initial throw-back-in-the-seat is done, don't expect much. And if the car does not have any problems, and it is too slow for you, than yes, you do need more mods. But don't expect much out of the stock turbo. And research EVERYTHING before you buy anything! Plan out your whole setup, with the costs to make sure you can afford it. Post it up after you figure it out if you have questions, we can certainly help. I have just seen too many people waste money on aftermarket crap when they could have saved a bunch just by researching on what they are actually buying and what it will do for them. (For example, your first mod should not be a gt-42r, or even an aftermarket bov that doesn't recirculate) Hope this helps at all.
166, RE: GST no Torque?????
none taken....lol I was thinking that myself and yea still researchin/reading everything i can get my eys on.... alot of really usefull info so far!
I generated this page in 0.014454126358032 seconds, executing 7 queries.