Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject1999 spyder gs idles fine but shutters off after gas, ideas?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=13244
13244, 1999 spyder gs idles fine but shutters off after gas, ideas?
Posted by travisfranklin121, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So I have put about 1000 bucks into rebuilding this car after a terrible overheating incident where i was pushing it too hard. I replaced my head gasket, did a complete valve job, replaced my water pump, crank shaft sensor, cam sensor, and spark plugs/wires. Ive been working on this car trying to get it back running for 4 months now and i am just utterly frustrated with it.

For the past couple weeks it hasnt been cranking. yesterday i realized the cylinders had no oil so once i fixed that it cranked right up. Thought i had finally fixed it but....

So this is what it is doing now: it cranks up fine and will idle at the correct rpm all day. As soon as i put it into 1st/reverse and tap the gas a couple times (get it to ab 1500 or 1600 RPM) the engine cuts off and the check engine light comes on. I have tested all the plugs and it is firing fine. And the timing is perfect because me and 2 others have retimed it multiple times. Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on? any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks
13245, RE: 1999 spyder gs idles fine but shutters off after gas, ideas?
Posted by j2sw, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Replace the throttle position sensor. I had same exact problem. Went through Alot of what you did and tps was the issue.
I generated this page in 0.0074460506439209 seconds, executing 7 queries.