Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectJust looking for some suggestions/tips/links for
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=13173
13173, Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for
Posted by spazzz1989, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Replacing some parts of my car's engine/bay and car interanl to help the overall look of my car.
I am open to all links and suggestions cuz I have just run out of ideas.
I want to put some blue accent into my engine bay.
Also wanna make my engine push 450 to 500 to the wheels.
Heres what I have so far,

Currently it pushes 361 whp. 360 ft/lbs torque. 26 lbs boost

Mods include.

FP GREEN TURBO

660 DENSO INJECTORS

WALBRO Fuel Pump

PORTED AND POLISHED HEAD

1G BOTTOM END ENGINE WITH EAGLE RODS AND PISTONS

2G HEAD WITH 272/272 HKS CAMS

ALUMINUM RADIATOR

ACT II CLUTCH

AEM ECU, FULLY TUNEABLE

ESPELIR FULL EXHAUST

DUE TO ENORMOUS PICTURE SIZE, AND YOUR EYES SAFETY ILL JUST POST LINKS
Im not that computer smart so if you are interested in any other pics I can email them to you.

http://img197.imageshack.us/g/sany2663.jpg/
13174, RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for
Posted by TurbchargdSpydr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
correct me if im wrong, but isn't that a 4g63, lol, wrong section?
BUT, anyways,
You could change up the valve cover, radiator hoses, fuse box cover, radiator hinges, ss braided lines everywhere, they are blue and red but still they give a very professional legit look...no if your really serious, then you can powder coat, turbo flange, all the brackets on the car, like the a/c, powersteering bracket, you could also powder coat the UDP. now, if your really really really serious lol, you can give your engine bay a wire tuck under the the fenders...just my two cents...
13175, RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for
Posted by TurbchargdSpydr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i also forgot to write,
as far as the performance goes,
i don't really know about the 4g63, but you can always get bigger valves and pnp your IM, bigger throttle body...possibly some hard core tunning lol...
13176, RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for
Posted by eclipserstturbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm thinking a 2.4L built bottom end bored and stroked out of a Galant with your current 2G head. 22-29lbs of boost, didn't search on your turbo but if you don't already have one try a ball bearing turbo (Maybe a GT35R), and a full tune. If you come to a stand still I know there's one 2G on youtube at 1000AWHP. Talk to him, maybe get some pointers. After that call it a day and post up your dyno numbers.
13177, RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can get your goal on the 2.0L and that is what i would recommend staying with.

First off with the AEM i would consider upgrading the injectors and converting to E85. With some tuning you will be able to make a great deal of improvement on that 361 marker.

I dont see any info on a Front mount so you def want to upgrade the sidemount to a quality FMIC. do not buy some junk FMIC on Ebay.

I would search for a Forrester intake, everyone that runs them seems to be very happy with them.

Tune that as far as you can go then start looking at a tube Exhaust manifold if you still fall shy.

13178, RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for
Posted by 99atxdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No need to go 2.4 or 2.3 to get more power (unless you are looking for that low end torque like myself), plenty of 4g63 cars running 500+ on the 2.0. E85 if available in your area will help achieve your goal, but even on regular pump gas it's attainable.

Terry is right, get some bigger injectors as you are probably running out of room on those 660s and tune it some more. Also which Walboro pump do you have the 190lph or 255lph? Asking since you didn't specify. The FP Green is more than capable of reaching 400hp+.
13179, RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for
Posted by bagged420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
And if your fp green can't get you there(wich it should be close at the least) you could look into the Holset turbos. Lots of 4g's running them and love them.
13180, RE: Just looking for some suggestions/tips/links for
Posted by 99atxdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The FP green is rated for up to 500hp, that's more than enough, even a Evo3 big 16g can hit 400hp.
I generated this page in 0.0075891017913818 seconds, executing 7 queries.