Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectGALANT VR4
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=13029
13029, GALANT VR4
Posted by PettyCash, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I will soon be the proud owner of a Galant VR4!! I am hopefully picking it up this weekend! I love my 2gnt, but my wife wants to go to school and I can't afford the car payment and her school. So my car is for sale. I'm asking $8300. I'll list this in the sale/wanted section. Does anyone here have any experience with the VR4? Any advice?

97 Eclipse GS

OBX type H Cat-Back
Maxspeed Short Ram intake
Pacesetter header
Neuspeed Springs 1.5 inch drop
Progress Tech camber kit
16" Konig Monsoons
Coming soon (HRC Stage I)

Honda, taking the "R" out of "shirt".

13030, RE: GALANT VR4
Posted by sean, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a VR4. Just put the biggest turbo you can find in it and blow away everyone on the street. It is the ultimate sleeper, you'll have a lot of fun with it.
13031, RE: GALANT VR4
Awesome! Have you found yours to be pretty reliable???

97 Eclipse GS

OBX type H Cat-Back
Pacesetter header
Progress Tech camber kit
16" Konig Monsoons

13032, RE: GALANT VR4
Posted by UFO, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hello....how mch do u ask for HRC stage 1? If you have. please email me at ttivirush@bfgcom.com thank you.

13033, RE: GALANT VR4
I never purchased the stage 1 because I am buying a VR4 and selling my car. But you might try parts trader and there is one for sale in the Sale Wanted section.

97 Eclipse GS

OBX type H Cat-Back
Pacesetter header
Progress Tech camber kit
16" Konig Monsoons

13034, RE: GALANT VR4
Posted by sean, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If it's going to be modified, I hope you don't mind working on the car a lot. I find that something is always going wrong with it. I never have a problem with my Talon but the Galant is an older car and bound to have problems. It's usually stuff just wearing out or leaking. It will take as much work as any 1G that's been on the road for ten years. But for all the work it takes to keep it running well, it's worth it to have a 400hp winter beater :)
13035, RE: GALANT VR4
Posted by Dave_FL, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There are a couple here in Orlando DSM. One of them runs a 12.5 in his. Its a bad ass sleeper. Check out this board for info on the 4g63. http://www.greenliquid.com:420/index.php?s=
13036, RE: GALANT VR4
Posted by thisismygs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sleeper is definitely the word that comes to mind when i think of the galant vr-4. NOBODY (unless they're into imports) will have any idea that that car is capable of as much power as it is.
13037, RE: GALANT VR4
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've seen quite a few of them here at the DSM meets. They're really fast, I've never tailed one though. They are a pretty rare site to see also where I live. They do look kinda ugly in my opinion though. SInce it's such an old car, I'd rather have a 1G GSX but if a kickass sedan is what your looking for there ya go!

here's a pic of one of the VR4s at the DSM meet

13038, RE: GALANT VR4
Posted by randy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I like gvr4. Where else can you find a 4wd,4ws,turboed and dual caliper piston.
13039, RE: GALANT VR4
I'm pretty pumped to pick up the car. They guy is replacing the timing belt, break lines, fuel lines and rear rotors and pads so I have to wait until sometime next week to pick it up. I am going to miss my eclipse, it's been a great car and I am still going to be a staunch defender of the 420a even though I'll own a 4g63. The funny thing is that I am going from a NA 4cyl to a turbo awd/aws and my insurance is going down $150/yr.

97 Eclipse GS

OBX type H Cat-Back
Pacesetter header
Progress Tech camber kit
16" Konig Monsoons

13040, RE: GALANT VR4
Posted by Doug96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I made the mistake of trying to race one on my way home from school last year. My first clue should have been the lisence plate (TURBO 69). This dude pulled on me like WHAT. I later found out that I raced the fastest guy in the NYC DSM club (1/4 11.5) :)
13041, RE: GALANT VR4
Posted by kjwillia, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hello,

I just bought a Galant VR4 today so I am reading up on them ;). Did you get yours?

I am looking for a factory manual with an illustrated parts breakdown and Part Numbers, do you know where I can get one?

Thanks,

Kevin
kjwillia@aol.com
13042, RE: GALANT VR4
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kjwillia
Hello, I just bought a Galant VR4 today so I am reading up on them ;). Did you get yours? I am looking for a factory manual with an illustrated parts breakdown and Part Numbers, do you know where I can get one? Thanks, Kevin kjwillia@aol.com

This thread is 5 years old. Locked. PM sent.
I generated this page in 0.013700008392334 seconds, executing 7 queries.