Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectHow to connect MBC
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=12372
12372, How to connect MBC
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok for ease of discussion im gonna number the 2 ways (that i know) of doing it...

#1:
on my 1G GST i hooked one end of the MBC to the turbo outlet elbow and the other end to the wastegate actuator, completely removing the BCS. I read that this was the most effective way of doing it.

while looking around on the net I see that you should connect one end to the wastegate actuator and the other end should tee into the hose that goes from the BOV to the manifold.
heres a link for this way if installation:
http://www.geocities.com/chmwatson/FAQs/mbc/install_instructions.html

What if any ways are better?? :shrug
Just curious....
~Luke
12373, RE: How to connect MBC
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i had it like the second way at first, then my car went to RRE for a 6 bolt swap and they hooked it up like the first method u mentioned. they both work, i just kept it the way RRE did it
12374, RE: How to connect MBC
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I pretty much did mine the first way... that's how RRE did it on my 2gnt, so I copied it onto my 1G.

I did use a Tee though, instead of capping off the nipple on the intake filter. So...

Tee nipple 1 -> inline restrictor -> Turbo outlet elbow
Tee nipple 2 -> Wastegate
Tee nipple 3 -> Manual Boost controller -> Intake nipple

Ah screw it, here's a diagram:

Did I do it right?
12375, RE: How to connect MBC
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what restrictor are you talking about? the Boost Control Solenoid?
does it have a 2 wire connector coming out of it?
~Luke
12376, RE: How to connect MBC
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm not using the boost control solenoid at all anymore. It's been removed completely.

The restrictor I use is a tiny brass piece with a hole in it. It sits inside the Tee actually, probably a .040" hole. Just helps regulate the boost a little, not completely necessary. You could use a welder's tip inline as well.
12377, RE: How to connect MBC
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I did mines the second way and it works fine for me. I got the picture install off of vfaq.com.
I generated this page in 0.011000156402588 seconds, executing 7 queries.