Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectBoost controller question?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=12309
12309, Boost controller question?
Posted by Mattcky2k, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i want to get a manual boost controller but didn't know if i really should with the stock turbo. and before i go pay for one i was wanting to know how much i could turn the boost up and be safe about it and how much would be close to dangerous. i do have a boost gauge so i can monitor it and K&N intake filter. i was also thinking since i had the stock 2g BOV if i should get that first instead of a MBC since they leak. thanks guys
12310, RE: Boost controller question?
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Fist of all, absolutely get a new BOV first, I highly recommend the crushed 1g BOV, but I have the Greedy Type S and that works well also, plus it sounds cool. :7

Second, what kind of boost are you seeing at the moment? The T-25 should not be taken past 15 psi, period, and preferrably should not peak past 14 psi, however i found that the lowest I can keep boost at is 15 psi with my current boost controller. A boost controller will be necessary eventually, esp. if you want to upgrade the turbo, but honestly, in my opinion, as long as you're around 14psi there's no need, as the T-25 is really difficult to control/keep boost down with. A good boost controller will help with creep, for some reason, even though thats more related to wastegate/O2 housing/downpipe. With K+N, exhaust, upper IC pipe, cut dump tube, and BOV, I was right around 15 PSI, and basically all my BC does is keep the creep down. So if that's where you're at right now, too, I highly reccommend just getting a BOV/Upper intercooler pipe.

Now, if you're at 12-13 psi with your current setup, a boost controller will enable you to hit 14-15 no problem, and you will feel a bit of gain... but I still reccommend going w/a BOV first..

Vandy

AIM toolshedmf if you have any more questions...
12311, RE: Boost controller question?
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There have been those who have efficiently run a t25 at 18psi. I have the Hallman MBC and i am runnin 16psi on the t25 and it is a huge difference over stock. The only thing you would need is a new BOV and UICP.
12312, RE: Boost controller question?
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
*edit: ooops
I generated this page in 0.009166955947876 seconds, executing 7 queries.