Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectDSM GM MAF translator?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=12270
12270, DSM GM MAF translator?
Posted by Mattcky2k, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i've been looking at doing this setup for a while but just wanted to know if any of you guys knew anyone who has it and if they thought it was worth it or not and just overall what can i do with this setup as opposed to the stock MAF?
12271, RE: DSM GM MAF translator?
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your stock 2G MAS is plenty until you upgrade your turbo to larger than a Green. All the MAF will really do for you is let you vent your bov to the atmosphere and let a little more air through. Not worth it.
12272, RE: DSM GM MAF translator?
Posted by SaberKhan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Last time I had my car dynoed, they had just installed the GMMAT on a 2G AWD. With the GM MAS, they could've deleted the AFC, because the GM unit is adjustable, they only used the AFC to fine tune it after they zero-ed it in with the GM. It'll maintain perfect idle and low speed driveability even with the 720cc injectors that were on that car. That, and it can even compensate for the 100HP dry shot they plumbed into the car. Another benefit is that you eliminate the MAS having to attach to the filter. Power gains on stock cars can be had due to the fact the filter is directly on the turbo, and the MAS is run inline on the upper IC pipe. I will personally be doing this swap and getting rid of my 2G MAS on my 1G for those reasons and the fact that a 2G MAS creates some funky tuning issues on the 1G. For $300, I recommend it.
12273, RE: DSM GM MAF translator?
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my inner ricer wants it so i can blow off. ;-) i got a free gm maf sensor so i will do it just because i got some parts free. :-) i still have to buy the translater(199.95) and the blow thru upper piping(150 or so). oh well. :thumbsup
12274, RE: DSM GM MAF translator?
Posted by Initial DSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I can def say for a 1G its worth it. For a 2G since the 2g mas responds better to its origin than in a 1g, I'd say its a toss up.
Prolly better choice is VPC w AFC combo with 2G harness. The choice could go either way, and yes you really dont need the AFC once you get a GM MAS.
12275, RE: DSM GM MAF translator?
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
where do you get a vpc now that they dont sell em new? you can get one used, but i wouldnt want to buy something like that used. if it fails you are stuck up ish creek with no paddle. plus, do they still support those now that they dont make em anymore?
I generated this page in 0.013283967971802 seconds, executing 7 queries.