Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectQuestion about External O2 Dump
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=12202
12202, Question about External O2 Dump
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I modified a stock o2 housing today for an external dump.
My question is, Should it be loud even if youre not boosting?
Its almost like my wastegate is open all the time, even sitting at idle and reving the motor.
And yes i welded shut the wastegate pasage of the housing so exhaust gases cant get out of the dump tube, just wastegate gases.
I weld all the time at work, the welds are good, the passage is closed...
Is this normal?
I thought it should just dump out of the dumptube when the wastegate opens at full boost...
Idedas??

12203, RE: Question about External O2 Dump
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Is there any space around the flapper? If your flapper isn't sealing well, gasses will escape through there and make it sound like you have no exhaust.
12204, RE: Question about External O2 Dump
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think it will be quiet(well ya know) until you hit full boost and your WG opens up.
12205, RE: Question about External O2 Dump
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Is there any space around the flapper? If your flapper isn't sealing well, gasses will escape through there and make it sound like you have no exhaust.

Ill have to check...
Im gonna take the dump off and put my stock housing back on tomorrow i think, its too loud even when im just cruising
12206, RE: Question about External O2 Dump
Posted by Skillionaire, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ive been contemplating doing the dump. How much trouble is it to take off the 02 housing without pulling the turbo? I havent actually looked at it yet.
12207, RE: Question about External O2 Dump
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It is a pain in the ass taking it off without removing the turbo. Fortunately, removing the turbo isn't too hard as it is.
12208, RE: Question about External O2 Dump
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
there are no gaskets to replace on the turbo or the 02 housing correct? i will be replacing my exhaust with a full turbo back in the spring. i need to figure out what i need.
12209, RE: Question about External O2 Dump
Originally posted by Skillionaire
Ive been contemplating doing the dump. How much trouble is it to take off the 02 housing without pulling the turbo? I havent actually looked at it yet.

Lol... I do the dump usually about 1 or 2 times a day :)
I pulled off the Housing without pulling the turbo. I didnt think it was that bad. Just take off the dipstick and its a lot easier to get out.
Im still getting boost creep even with the dump
Im gonna order the bigger flapper tonite from forced performance.
anyone know if theres any online sites that show how to install the flapper?

I generated this page in 0.0093801021575928 seconds, executing 7 queries.