Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject2g turbo problem
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=12025
12025, 2g turbo problem
Posted by lickscissors, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i know this is a NT forum, but i also know some of you have a 2g turbo....so those people can help me...anyways my girlfriend got a 97 gsx that ive been fixing up....(it was wrecked)...well ive got it all back together, but the car runs like crap..... when i mash on the pedal, it stumbles and lumps and takes a while to get moving at all.... im not sure if there is a boost leak, if the plugs wires need replaced (cleaned plugs, didnt look that bad) or if im missing something else....also when im fully boosted, the boost gauge in the car only goes up to about 90% of the way, is that supposed to go all the way to the top? any help will be appreciated...thanks
doug
12026, RE: 2g turbo problem
Posted by Mattcky2k, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i would make sure all the intake pipes and filter is on tight and everyhting and that there are no holes in them and make sure you have the BOV venting into the intake. and the stock "boost gauge" doesen't go all the way up, at least i havent' seen it anyway. i get the stumbling feeling somtimes to when i mash on the gas but i can let up off and it does fine. anyone know what that might be?
12027, RE: 2g turbo problem
Posted by theallpowerfulme, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
matt change your air filter and see what happens, also think about some plugs. Also, if you don't do aol anymore shoot me an email with you phone numba as i need to speak with you, thx.
12028, RE: 2g turbo problem
the air filter is alright...i thought if it were the plugs it would do miss at higher rpms also.... i was leading toward a fuel problem, but anyone else got any suggestions?
doug
12029, RE: 2g turbo problem
forgot to add that the bov is recirculating and no mods are done
doug
12030, RE: 2g turbo problem
Posted by ShadowFur, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
umm did you rebuild that 2G motor?

If it is it will have major problems... you can't rebuild 2g 7 bolt motors you have to get a new one or put a 6 bolt in
12031, RE: 2g turbo problem
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
definetly check for boost leaks. Make sure you check the lower IC pipe too.
12032, RE: 2g turbo problem
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ShadowFur
umm did you rebuild that 2G motor? If it is it will have major problems... you can't rebuild 2g 7 bolt motors you have to get a new one or put a 6 bolt in

Where do you get your information? I've seen tons of rebuilt 2g blocks.
12033, RE: 2g turbo problem
Posted by invaznGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Originally posted by ShadowFur umm did you rebuild that 2G motor? If it is it will have major problems... you can't rebuild 2g 7 bolt motors you have to get a new one or put a 6 bolt in
Where do you get your information? I've seen tons of rebuilt 2g blocks.

owned!
12034, RE: 2g turbo problem
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ShadowFur
you can't rebuild 2g 7 bolt motors you have to get a new one or put a 6 bolt in

lol

Hello Mr. 12's . How are you today ?

Member # 333
12035, RE: 2g turbo problem
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Remy
Originally posted by ShadowFur you can't rebuild 2g 7 bolt motors you have to get a new one or put a 6 bolt in

Maybe he was talking about one that walked?...

12036, RE: 2g turbo problem
the car has 64000 miles on it and was never rebuilt...just a daily commuter old person...
doug
12037, RE: 2g turbo problem
Posted by chaye, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
does it idle fine?
12038, PLEASE HELP!!
it idles alright.... dont know if i mentioned this....but when i installed the alternator, i sparked a wrench between the o2 sensor and alternator.....well thats why i thought it would be the o2 sensor, i just changed it and its still the same.....it sounds like its choking.....if i am at a stand still and give it a good amount of gas, it will choke and cough and sputter....but once you get moving, it revs up nice....its just when youre stopped and give it a lot of gas(air)....please help!! thanks
doug
12039, RE: PLEASE HELP!!
update: unplugged oxygen sensor, made no difference, car ran the same....plugged back in...drove it for a while, finally got a CEL...got the code read, it was cylindar 3 misfire??....anyone have any info on what would cause that.... could it be timing in any way? im just not sure if the computer might get funny readings sometimes...any help??, thanks
doug
12040, RE: PLEASE HELP!!
Posted by pearlwhite2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
dude I bet you that it is you plug wires, my girlfriend's gst did the same thing. change them. Her's looked fine but if you took the cover off with the engine running you could see them arcing on the valve cover.
12041, RE: PLEASE HELP!!
it was a wire....i kind of put it off because i didnt think it would make it run that bad....and plus the fact that i sparked the o2 sensor....but it runs great now...thanks
doug
I generated this page in 0.011420965194702 seconds, executing 7 queries.