Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectanother freakin problem. do they ever end??!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=11879
11879, another freakin problem. do they ever end??!
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
background-----question at end. you can skip, i wont be mad...:-)
well, i get my h4 upgrade in the mail. yay! i will be able to see again. well, i go to install it today cuz i am way bored. it says estimated install time, 15 min per side. i say hey no biggie. cant be that hard, undo some screws and plug some stuff up no big deal. i get the trim off, easy. im thinking this is gonna be cake in the park. i start to unscrew the screws holding the headlamp assembly in. hmm. they aint turnin. i looked in there, dur, they are all freakin stripped. the person that changed the lights before me has stripped the freakin screws and i dont have a screwdriver big enough to grip whats left. i bent a flathead screwdriver trying to get it to work. i think, minor hiccup. i spray them with wd40. no go. bent the screw driver even more. put it back together and gave up. snow was falling,my feet were frozen. oh well.

soooooo. any ideas? how do i get those things out. i spent half an hour, and nothin got done. thanks!
11880, RE: another freakin problem. do they ever end??!
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Diceman19
i start to unscrew the screws holding the headlamp assembly in. hmm. they aint turnin. i looked in there, dur, they are all freakin stripped. the person that changed the lights before me has stripped the freakin screws...

Are you sure that YOU didn't just strip them? If the person before had stripped them, he wouldn't have been able to get them out either.

Originally posted by Diceman19
any ideas? how do i get those things out.

got a drill?
11881, RE: another freakin problem. do they ever end??!
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yep. do i just drill out the center? will the screw just fall out? never done it before so i dont know. i am going to try to get a bigger screwdriver and see if i can get it all to work out without using a drill. thanks for the suggestion.
11882, RE: another freakin problem. do they ever end??!
Posted by icedout, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you have to get it wedged under there and then start to unscrew... or use a set of vicegrips if you can get ahold of the screw to get it out..... might take some time....
11883, RE: another freakin problem. do they ever end??!
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ask a Bodyshop....they should charge like $20 to get them out for you.....
11884, RE: another freakin problem. do they ever end??!
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Vice grips. Get a pair of needle nose vice grips. WD40 the screws the night before (a couple of times) then vice grip them loose. I had the same problem. Solved.
I generated this page in 0.0091791152954102 seconds, executing 7 queries.