Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectBought a 1G AWD, need a lot of help(yea it's long)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=10955
10955, Bought a 1G AWD, need a lot of help(yea it's long)
Posted by sd240, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok, so today I picked up my new project car, a 93 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. It needs a lot of work to say the least. My question is about the Air flow sensor assembly. I checked the check engine light on the car and it showed Air Flow sensor, Air temp. sensor, throttle position sensor, and barometeric pressure sensor. I know the air temp, air flow, and baro. pressure sensors are all included in the Air flow sensor assmebly, but can that be cleaned or once it's bad is it done for? Also the engine is I think a 6 bolt out of a 90 or 91 laser, would this difference have anything to do with the codes, or should all the sensors be the same? Are there any problems i should look for because of this? I appreciate any help. And one last thing is it hard to take the tranny our of one of these AWD's? I need to replace first gear, and probably a clutch pretty soon. Thanks
10956, RE: Bought a 1G AWD, need a lot of help(yea it's long)
come on you guys are experts, surely somebody has something to say
10957, RE: Bought a 1G AWD, need a lot of help(yea it's long)
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Check the connector for the MAS. Make sure it is plugged in all the way and has all the wires there. Also check the ECU and make sure there were no cut wires. It sounds like the car had an SAFC in it at some point, but was removed sloppily. If that is a word.

The tranny is a pain sometimes, but if you work on it with 2 other friends it will come out eventually. My first time took me about 6 hours to get it out. Now I can do it in a little over an hour. Just follow the VFAQ.
10958, RE: Bought a 1G AWD, need a lot of help(yea it's long)
Thanks for your help, but why does it sound like it had an SAFC at one time? Is it because of the codes? Thanks.
10959, RE: Bought a 1G AWD, need a lot of help(yea it's long)
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by sd240
Thanks for your help, but why does it sound like it had an SAFC at one time? Is it because of the codes? Thanks.

All of those codes, or most of them have to do with the wires that are hacked into when installing an AFC. If he didn't reinsulate them, then you might be getting all those codes.

At least that's what I get from it.
10960, RE: Bought a 1G AWD, need a lot of help(yea it's long)
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by HybriDSM
All of those codes, or most of them have to do with the wires that are hacked into when installing an AFC. If he didn't reinsulate them, then you might be getting all those codes. At least that's what I get from it.

Yup, that is the jist of it. Basically those are the wires that are screwed with when installing an SAFC or certain gauges. Was the car modified before you got it?

10961, RE: Bought a 1G AWD, need a lot of help(yea it's long)
Well I looked at the ECU and it didn't look like any of the wires had been spliced, but on the TPS the wires coming out of the sensor didn't have a connector the end, just had wires shoved into the female connector on the engine wiring harness. I'll look for a new TPS. I went back to the guy I bought the car from and found another Air Flow Sensor assembly for a turbo DSM, so I'm going to try that in a little bit. Thanks for your help I'll keep you all updated.
I generated this page in 0.0079860687255859 seconds, executing 7 queries.