Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectto port or not to port
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=10804
10804, to port or not to port
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just got my 16g and 02 housing in the mail today...i'm getting the fever, so to speak. I had the turbo/02 ported, but was surprised (its from buschur) at how little seemed to be done. The wastegate wasn't touched, and the 02 housing looks like the top layer was just barely taken off....

basically, the question is: should I send it back? raise a stink? Port it some more or leave it as it is and shut up?

Pics to come shortly, where should I host them?

thanks!

matt
10805, RE: to port or not to port
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You have to specify that you want the wastegate area ported. Just do it yourself or have a machine shop take care of it.
10806, RE: to port or not to port
thanks!

debating whether to get a die grinder...I'm assuming you get what you pay for and I dont' have air tools, so it may just be cheaper/easier to pay a shop to do the wastegate, but I still have to take off the step in the exhaust manifold...any suggestions for cheap die grinders, or am I right about getting what you pay for?

(I was planning on suffering through using a power drill for the exhaust manifold step..)
10807, RE: to port or not to port
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You get what you pay for. You'd need a compressor with proper CFM rating for a die grinder then a grinder with a carbide bit. Get the shop to do it for you.

Also, Jeff is right, that you have to specify getting the wastegate flapper ported. Best of luck. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Also, when do you finally move to MD. I noticed in another thread you were in Ocean City recently. You should head up to Rockville one night when you get a chance.
10808, RE: to port or not to port
I'm in MD right now actually, just moved in with the rents for a month. it'd be cool to head on over to rockville---next week i'm back in nashville for the army then back home, then gone all of july. I"m thinking about trying to make the shootout with my buddy and his 3kgt maybe, but its 100% up to uncle sam.

I generated this page in 0.013257026672363 seconds, executing 7 queries.