Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject650's came today Wo0T!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=10601
10601, 650's came today Wo0T!
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
UPS left a nifty lil package on my doorstep today... Look what was in it...

Anyone know of a good site on how to tune the SAFC for these things?
Ive seen a few but they all say different ways of tuning.
They say look at fuel trims but some say not to if you dont have an AFPR (I dont have one)
If so what trims am I looking at on my logger?
Ive go the MMCD program
current setup: 16G, FMIC, 255, 2 1/2 UICP, lower honeycomb removed and black screw screwed out flush, Apexi N1 DP and catback, External dump 02 housing, Im sure im forgetting a few things but thats the most of it.
Anyone have an idea of a baseline tune? Ive got the SAFC not the SAFC II

10602, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
get ready to up your gas consumption. :-) all in the name of speed i suppose. ****VVVVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM....PPPPPSSSSSSHHHHHH
10603, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Originally posted by Diceman19
get ready to up your gas consumption. :-) all in the name of speed i suppose. ****VVVVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM....PPPPPSSSSSSHHHHHH

Its all good...
I wish my car sounded like that, Damn recurculating BOV :thumbsdown
Oh wait... ALl I need now is a GM MAS and an RFL BOV :cheers

10604, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Originally posted by Hult250R
Originally posted by Diceman19 get ready to up your gas consumption. :-) all in the name of speed i suppose. ****VVVVVVRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM....PPPPPSSSSSSHHHHHH
Its all good... I wish my car sounded like that, Damn recurculating BOV :thumbsdown Oh wait... ALl I need now is a GM MAS and an RFL BOV :cheers

thats what im gonna do. i got the maf. ;-) all i gotta get is the translator, the piping, and the BOV. it WILL happen. i will take video of it for you. maybe that will inspire you to join me. :D
10605, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the MAF/MAFT setup. I like it alot.
10606, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have an A/T car with a vented BOV. runs fine. ;) I was going to go buy a longer return tube but it runs fine so I'm not even going to bother.
I'm going to have to end up buying a new BOV though because I can't keep this greddy pos from opening above 16 psi. I'm going to shop around for a TiAL. :P
10607, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Originally posted by eclipzGST
I have an A/T car with a vented BOV. runs fine. ;) I was going to go buy a longer return tube but it runs fine so I'm not even going to bother. I'm going to have to end up buying a new BOV though because I can't keep this greddy pos from opening above 16 psi. I'm going to shop around for a TiAL. :P

IBTL :P i am not gonna start a debate that has been beat to death.
10608, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Originally posted by HybriDSM
I have the MAF/MAFT setup. I like it alot.

What cars MAF will work with the MAFT?
Is there a list somewhere?
that way I can just go to teh Junkyard and snag one off of a car. :thumbsup

10609, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipzGST I have an A/T car with a vented BOV. runs fine. ;) I was going to go buy a longer return tube but it runs fine so I'm not even going to bother. I'm going to have to end up buying a new BOV though because I can't keep this greddy pos from opening above 16 psi. I'm going to shop around for a TiAL. :P

See, with an A/T, there's no lift to shift (well most of the time ;)), that's why I can run like this.
When I put my FMIC and piping on, the return tube didn't reach and it was too late to go to the parts store so I just capped off the intake side return and drove it home. I've been driving it daily since and haven't had any real issues related to it other than the BOV leaking at high boost.
10610, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Originally posted by eclipzGST I have an A/T car with a vented BOV. runs fine. ;) I was going to go buy a longer return tube but it runs fine so I'm not even going to bother. I'm going to have to end up buying a new BOV though because I can't keep this greddy pos from opening above 16 psi. I'm going to shop around for a TiAL. :P
See, with an A/T, there's no lift to shift (well most of the time ;)), that's why I can run like this. When I put my FMIC and piping on, the return tube didn't reach and it was too late to go to the parts store so I just capped off the intake side return and drove it home. I've been driving it daily since and haven't had any real issues related to it other than the BOV leaking at high boost.

ahh yes.. good ol factory 2G BOV...
10611, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
See, with an A/T, there's no lift to shift (well most of the time ;)), that's why I can run like this. When I put my FMIC and piping on, the return tube didn't reach and it was too late to go to the parts store so I just capped off the intake side return and drove it home. I've been driving it daily since and haven't had any real issues related to it other than the BOV leaking at high boost.

like i said, IBTL.....
10612, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by HybriDSM I have the MAF/MAFT setup. I like it alot.
What cars MAF will work with the MAFT? Is there a list somewhere? that way I can just go to teh Junkyard and snag one off of a car. :thumbsup

GM MAF, I have the 3.5" LS1 MAF. It basically is limitless (as far as we are concerned) for how much air it can meter.

The other option is the LT1 3" MAF. It meters to a similar limit as the 2g (a little more but not substantial) therefore if you want huge power one day, you'll have to upgrade it.

Go to ramchargers.com and poke around because they were the ones who made the translator to mate with our cars with the GM Mafs. They have the translators (adapter software) you need to run the GM part on the stock 1g wiring.

I can't remember what exact cars they came out of, and for that I apologize. Search on talk or tuners and you'll find lots of threads about it. Also, alot of DSM vendors now sell the MAFs on theri sites as well. I know SBR does as does MachV I believe.
10613, RE: 650's came today Wo0T!
Originally posted by HybriDSM I have the MAF/MAFT setup. I like it alot.
What cars MAF will work with the MAFT? Is there a list somewhere? that way I can just go to teh Junkyard and snag one off of a car. :thumbsup

www.ramchargers.com should have a comprehensive list of makes and models available. :thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.012006044387817 seconds, executing 7 queries.