Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subject2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=10237
10237, 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks Remy! finally got it installed, Pics to come later tonite
The 2G flows about 20% more right? So if I set my AFC about 20% richer everywhere will it be pretty close??

anyone else have a 2G mas on a 1G?
10238, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
and on to the pics...

10239, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's capacity is 20% more. I believe you leave the settings as is but it has a higher ceiling so to speak. I think that is how it works. I don't think it brings more air into the engine, but instead can meter more air.

Let us know how it goes.
10240, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Originally posted by HybriDSM
It's capacity is 20% more. I believe you leave the settings as is but it has a higher ceiling so to speak. I think that is how it works. I don't think it brings more air into the engine, but instead can meter more air. Let us know how it goes.

It definetly lets more air in, I richened it up a little last night and still got some pretty good knock counts.
I got it kinda close but Im having trouble with getting the fuel trims set right. It seems with the 2G mas the Lo trim goes all the way up to like 3k rpm's... :shrug
I get it to 100% at an idle but once I drive the car it jumps up to like 139% any ideas???
10241, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Originally posted by Hult250R
Originally posted by HybriDSM It's capacity is 20% more. I believe you leave the settings as is but it has a higher ceiling so to speak. I think that is how it works. I don't think it brings more air into the engine, but instead can meter more air. Let us know how it goes.
It definetly lets more air in, I richened it up a little last night and still got some pretty good knock counts. I got it kinda close but Im having trouble with getting the fuel trims set right. It seems with the 2G mas the Lo trim goes all the way up to like 3k rpm's... :shrug I get it to 100% at an idle but once I drive the car it jumps up to like 139% any ideas???

My bad. You learn something new everyday.

10242, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Originally posted by HybriDSM It's capacity is 20% more. I believe you leave the settings as is but it has a higher ceiling so to speak. I think that is how it works. I don't think it brings more air into the engine, but instead can meter more air. Let us know how it goes.
It definetly lets more air in, I richened it up a little last night and still got some pretty good knock counts. I got it kinda close but Im having trouble with getting the fuel trims set right. It seems with the 2G mas the Lo trim goes all the way up to like 3k rpm's... :shrug I get it to 100% at an idle but once I drive the car it jumps up to like 139% any ideas???

Matt, What kind of MAS are you running? or do you have the GM maf??
10243, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Your welcome. Good luck.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
10244, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
that filter and plate are crap. they block airflow
10245, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Originally posted by chrysler kid
that filter and plate are crap. they block airflow

umm... well good luck Fitting anything else in the small-ass area I have to work with
10246, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Posted by woo2gnt97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by chrysler kid that filter and plate are crap. they block airflow
umm... well good luck Fitting anything else in the small-ass area I have to work with

lol ya - I was going to say ... holy lack of intake space batman

I didn't realize that there was that little space on 1g's
10247, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Originally posted by woo2gnt97
Originally posted by chrysler kid that filter and plate are crap. they block airflow
lol ya - I was going to say ... holy lack of intake space batman I didn't realize that there was that little space on 1g's

ya, the filter is literally wedged between the UICP and the front of the engine bay
10248, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...

Jeff corrected me. I overlooked the fact that the 2g inlet is much larger than the 1g, hence more air.

I am running a 3.5" GM MAF with MAFT (blow through) I've never had any practical experience with the 2g MAS (except for one day last year (the day I blew my engine)).
I generated this page in 0.014352083206177 seconds, executing 7 queries.