Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectBraided radiator hose
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=10206
10206, Braided radiator hose
Posted by burntheblobs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got one at pep boys the other day and it didnt fit. I am returning it. What size is our radiator hose?
10207, RE: Braided radiator hose
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What is wrong with the stock OEM rubber?

It costs like $7 at any auto parts store.
10208, RE: Braided radiator hose
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
What is wrong with the stock OEM rubber? It costs like $7 at any auto parts store.

Its kind of a sore thumb in my riced out engine right now.
10209, RE: Braided radiator hose
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Spray paint it? }(
10210, RE: Braided radiator hose
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i totally forgot where i got mine
10211, RE: Braided radiator hose
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7
i totally forgot where i got mine

Is that a snake trying to eat your BOV? :scratch
10212, RE: Braided radiator hose
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think Greddy is the one who makes those. There are on RRE website and they cost $135.
10213, RE: Braided radiator hose
Posted by superdavesgst, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
somebody makes solid chrome ones , they look good, never had them so i cant really tell u how good they are.
10214, RE: Braided radiator hose
Fuck it, I spray painted my stock one with high temperature spray paint.

10215, RE: Braided radiator hose
Posted by BMPDirk, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
it looked better black
10216, RE: Braided radiator hose
Originally posted by BMPDirk
it looked better black

Yeah but everyone knows cold air is attracted to silver. I have like a CAI now no0b. +5 hp wo0ters.......this is why i don't post in the tech sections a lot.
10217, RE: Braided radiator hose
Posted by BMPDirk, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by burntheblobs
Originally posted by BMPDirk it looked better black
Yeah but everyone knows cold air is attracted to silver. I have like a CAI now no0b. +5 hp wo0ters.......this is why i don't post in the tech sections a lot.

but i thought you read VFAQ all the time, then when you're done, you re-read it? You should be answering all the questions in the tech section.
10218, RE: Braided radiator hose
Originally posted by BMPDirk
Originally posted by burntheblobs
Originally posted by BMPDirk it looked better black
but i thought you read VFAQ all the time, then when you're done, you re-read it? You should be answering all the questions in the tech section.

I do read vfaq all the time. I'm still a permanoob.
10219, RE: Braided radiator hose
Posted by Pitchblack98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i dont think it looks too bad. Im just wondering how long it will last before it starts to chip off. That hose swells and contracts as pressure builds in it. That would make the paint crack and chip. It that starts to happen its gonna look like shit... just my $.02. I still think it looks pretty good though. Let us know how it comes out in the long run.
10220, RE: Braided radiator hose
Originally posted by Pitchblack98
i dont think it looks too bad. Im just wondering how long it will last before it starts to chip off. That hose swells and contracts as pressure builds in it. That would make the paint crack and chip. It that starts to happen its gonna look like shit... just my $.02. I still think it looks pretty good though. Let us know how it comes out in the long run.

I was thinking that too...Its more of an experiment. I spray painted my heat shield and it seems to have lasted (Those spots on the shield are rust that i didnt bother to sand out hehehe). But rubber in itself was a risk to paint. Ill tell everyone how it turns out...
10221, RE: Braided radiator hose
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't know about a non-turbo, but a spraypainted turbo exhaust mani shield will discolor the paint after about a month. The paint pretty much just turns into ash.

I used 1600*F gloss black ceramic paint, baked in the oven at 600*F for 1 hour.

The grey is 1200*F "engine" paint and is pretty resistant to chipping and oil, but can't go on anything exhaust related.
I generated this page in 0.012971878051758 seconds, executing 7 queries.