Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectCEL MAS airflow sensor - no power to safc
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=10016
10016, CEL MAS airflow sensor - no power to safc
Posted by woo2gnt97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So the other night, I was in a Wendy's parking lot just idling. I go to put to the car in reverse to get out and the short shifter bolt pops out. I'm pretty pissed off ... I don't have a phillips screw driver and I have to rip apart the console to put the bolt back in. Note to self: use thread locker next time.

Anyways, the shifter is just flopping around so I can't tell if it's in gear. I take my foot off the clutch, and it stalls - no surprise.

After I put it all back together, I start the car. The idle is sloppy and a CEL is on. The SAFC has no power. I made home with the car running shitty.

I figured it was just an intercooler pipe off or something but they were all good. I checked all the electrical connections and they were good. I even swapped out my mas sensor and tried my vr4 one, which I KNOW is good. Same thing happens.

Any ideas? I've read a few others with this problem on the other boards but no one ever posts how to fix it.
10017, RE: CEL MAS airflow sensor - no power to safc
Posted by Jeff_99gs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Take out the 4 screws on the back of the SAFC. The plug might have popped out while you were busy ripping apart your interior. Very easy fix.

If that isn't it, check the connections at the ECU.
10018, RE: CEL MAS airflow sensor - no power to safc
Posted by woo2gnt97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Jeff_99gs
Take out the 4 screws on the back of the SAFC. The plug might have popped out while you were busy ripping apart your interior. Very easy fix. If that isn't it, check the connections at the ECU.

That's what it was. Plug on the back of the safc popped out of the motherboard.
I generated this page in 0.010249853134155 seconds, executing 7 queries.