Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=9959&mesg_id=9976
9976, RE: 6 Bolt Swap Done - no pics yet.
Posted by JasonESi_T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, it was somehwat of a pain to do, since we ran into little obstacles on the way mostly involving parts and such. But we got it done fortunately. I was there for the technical and difficult parts of the job (ie pulling the engine/tranny, installing the LSD, droppign the engine, installing the tranny which was a MAJOR friggin pain, and starting her up, after figuring out little issues like wrong things plugged together.)

But this was by and large the work of my brother. He really went the distance here and put forth the big effort in all the little things, including disonnection of everything, installation of all the accessories...etc. I knew he could take it on, and did just a terrific job with all of it. :bowdown Way to go man!

A couple of 4g63 lessons I would pass on, is that at least 3 of the plugs are the same during this hookup. Meaning, you have to know what those three plugs specifically corresond to or you can screw it up. (i.e. AC compressor, coil plug, and somethign else I cant remember...maybe fuel injector harness) That sucks compared to the 420a which uses different plugs for EVERYTHING. I would also add on thatthe 4g63 uses way too many BS vacuum lines. The only things we left hooked up was a direct line to the FPR, boost gauage, and later on, the boost contoller. The rest of it is BS and you can get rid. Just LOSE it.

Oh yeah, to vent on one other thing. WTF is up with all those stupid ass coolant lines to the throttle body. That is some friggin over-engineering which is a waste of time. Anyways, it's definitely a doable job. It really wasn't too bad, but I recommend having lots of funds like my brother had from working all summer to get it done right like he did.
I generated this page in 0.011139869689941 seconds, executing 6 queries.