Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: It's too cold for this shit.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=926&mesg_id=932
932, RE: It's too cold for this shit.
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by burntheblobs
Originally posted by eclipzGST Popped the hood today. Easy fix. The coupler that mates the uicp to the FMIC outlet was off a hair. I was able to get it back on good enough for now but I noticed that the last time I put it on, I cranked it down hard enough the bend the edge a little. I turned the boost way down so I should be good till spring. I need to get new couplers. The little 4"ers aren't going to cut it anymore.
I hate the UICP to Throttle Body Elbow coupler. It used to blow on me every time I made my first boost of a drive. Tightened that bitch down sooo hard now. I still should just get a bigger coupler.

yeah, me too. My UICP is 2.5" and my TB elbow is 2.25". I have a 2.5" coupler on there and double clamped on the TB side but it still leaks. I need to get a reducer. Of course I've been saying that for like 2 yrs now...
The one I used to blow off all the time when I put the new turbo on was the LICP where it connected to the SMIC. I swear Todd (VX100) and I blew that thing off like 4 times in a row doing pulls trying to get a base tune on the new injectors.
Fuck it. I'm going to order all new couplers tonight and I'll pick up a few more t-bolt clamps next weekend. I'll get longer couplers and double clamp on all the trouble spots.
I wonder what my car will feel like w/ no boost leaks. :evilgrin I'm sure my turbo will thank me.
I generated this page in 0.011560916900635 seconds, executing 6 queries.