Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: help!! another axle question: how do I get it off?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=5689&mesg_id=5695
5695, RE: help!! another axle question: how do I get it off?
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BigBald
1. Undo the axle nut on both sides. 2. Under the car, you need to unbolt the inner most bolts on the straight lower control arms. By inner most i mean the ones closest to the middle fo the car. To get those out, you will need to unbolt the two metal pieces that are in the way. They both have 4 14mm Bolts. One of the huge bolts will be 17mm and the other will be 19mm. 3. Then there are two bolt that hold the second control arm (the curved one) to the frame. Those are 17mm I believe and there are two on each side. 4. Once you do that, you will need to stick a pry bar between the axle and the tranny and tap it out on the passenger side. It will take more then one shot, but eventually it will move and come out. 5. On the Driver side, there are two more bolt mid shaft that bolt the axle to the block. These are 14mm bolts also that can be reached from under the car. Undo those two and you should be able to pull that axle right out with your bare hands. There is nothing more that needs to come loose. You should drain your tranny fluid as it will leak out once you pull the axle out. Make sure you loosen the axle nuts before you jack up the car. you might also need to remove the the cross member and the Downpipe to reach some othe the bolts and parts. If you need illustrations, if you go the the VFAQ and look at the how to for a clutch replacement...it will show you everything i mentioned here minus the axle nuts. IF you need more help then this, PM me for my number.

that pretty much covers it. Nice job Jerrome. :thumbsup
I generated this page in 0.011552095413208 seconds, executing 6 queries.