Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: ACK!!!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=4142&mesg_id=4147
4147, RE: ACK!!!
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the sick part is, that is exactly what the problem was. the outer pulley was on backwards. i will not place blame on myself nor magicalevil because that pulley looks the same from both ways pretty much, i woulda mixed it up too probly. anyways, i got the new alternator belts for free so i was only out my time...*shrug* she purrs like a kitten again. one question though, i pulled the heat shield for the turbo off, now i hear a little bit of a whine, almost like a fuel pump whine, but from the front. i am thinking it is alternator noise that i didnt hear earlier because of that heat shield. if i wanted to take off the upper heat shield, where could i run the 02 sensor wire? it runs on top and i dont think it should be touching the exhaust manifold...chock full of questions, will the heat affect anything on the car. i know the oil dipstick is close to the turbo, the oil filter is close to the DP, the alternator is close to the turbo as well. i am assuming having those heat shields off will not affect any of those items, i have seen other people run without those heat shields. i also know you would have to take them off to run bigger turbos. maybe i just worry waaaaayyyy to much!!

btw, i found an exhaust leak, and i thought my car was fast now, i cant wait to fix that leak!!!:thumbsup }(
I generated this page in 0.013374805450439 seconds, executing 6 queries.