Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectInterested in the 4g63, need some help please....thanks
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=3981&mesg_id=3981
3981, Interested in the 4g63, need some help please....thanks
Posted by TXTurboGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Currently I own a 97 GS with a turbo kit. It recently made 299.6 WHP at 16 psi with a S16G. I've been having some problems with the car in its electrical system. I've invested so much time and money in this car, but I won't be able to drive it daily. With the money I put into this 420A engine (parts and labor) I could well be on the 11's on a 4g I guess.

I will probably sell it after some thousand miles on it (if I ever get it to run right, LOL). I love DSMs and I would like to continue owning one, like a 98 or 99 GSX. I am not familiar with the 4g63 and I was wondering if some of you guys that know the 4g could guide me a little as to what to expect from the engine and some aftermarket improvements.

Eventually I would like to be in the 12's and still be able to drive it daily and make a 300 mile trip with no incident. There are just so many parts and turbos for this engine that I do not know what to get or not.:shrug My spending limit on parts and labor is around $7k and I say this because it took more than that to build my current GS and I don't want to go crazy like I did with my car.

Sorry for the long post. I tried registering on dsmtalk but no new members are allowed. Thanks for the help:cheers

I generated this page in 0.010956048965454 seconds, executing 6 queries.