Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectDuping MD (or any tight state) inspection w/turbos
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=3672&mesg_id=3672
3672, Duping MD (or any tight state) inspection w/turbos
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Theoretically, in MD (or anywhere) you cannot pass inspection with anything in the exhaust modified, right? My question is if, in a coupla years, I wanted to sell my car, would it pass with a 16g turbo on it assuming I took off the obvious stuff, replaced the heatshield and limped it over to the inspection station? Normally i'd say no right away, but it is a mitsu turbo and it isn't gonna have any bling (polished compressor housing, for example).

Can something like DSMchip replace the function of the S-AFC? If the front bumper is cut up for a front mount, if I put a side mount back on temporariliy will the car still fail? I'm just kicking this around to avoid potential headaches down the road (i.e. do I want to sell my T-25, should I wait and get a larger turbo, etc.)

It might just be easier to flow a shady mechanic a couple hundred bucks, but when I sold the GS I ran into more problems from "being stupid like whoah" then I care to repeat.

Vandy
I generated this page in 0.0077979564666748 seconds, executing 6 queries.