Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: question about shops for rebuild
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=1944&mesg_id=1950
1950, RE: question about shops for rebuild
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just had my engine rebuilt but did not assemble the block or head myself. I had a shop in Westminster machine and assemble the engine components. They turned everything around in 6 weeks or so. Since it is summer, their work load will be backed up to high heaven.

For reference, Jeff99GS and I (Jeff moreso than I by far) have basically done everything on a DSM that can be done, but we thought it more prudent to allow someone else to put in forged internals. I personally didn't want my first experience rebuilding an engine to be with beefed up components and all of their associated costs (much more to lose with a mistake), and if you are thinking of doing the same thing (built engine), I'd let a shop do it.

If you are going stock again, I'd give it a try, but be extremely meticulous. This kind of work will have no margin for error compared to the bolt on stuff. Just get a FSM and make sure you have all the clearances perfect.

Good luck MD buddy.
I generated this page in 0.0072879791259766 seconds, executing 6 queries.