Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: CEL...not sure why
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=1519&mesg_id=1520
1520, RE: CEL...not sure why
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It seems you are knocking. The trick is figuring out what is causing the knock. CEL on dsmlink is set to come on above 234 degrees and when you surpass a certain knock threshold. From Link itself, it is set to throw a CEL over 5 degrees. Most guys change this two 3 degrees. The other parameter is when it starts to check for knock. 2219 rpms is the default I believe. I adjust mines to check above 3300rpms to eliminate the possibility of phantom knock.

I am pretty sure you issue is a knock issue. Which can be cause by a few different things. I would adjust the point at which you check for knock and see if it picks up on it again. IF it still does, then that means you do not have phantom knock but rather a real issue that needs to be dealt with.

There is a long list of things that can cause knock. Bad/Loose Motor Mounts, Severe Detonation, Bad Rod Bearings, Bad knock sensor.....to name a few. I would definately narrow it down...but it does sound like it is not phantom knock.

I generated this page in 0.0079009532928467 seconds, executing 6 queries.