Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectrandom stumble/misfire (perplexing), little long
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=12095&mesg_id=12095
12095, random stumble/misfire (perplexing), little long
Posted by Vandy420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok,

Just got a 2600 on the car today as well as timing belt. (also 2 pullies, tensioner)...

New alternator on car as of 3 days ago too.

Here goes: At first I thought it was the new clutch slipping x( but when I accellerate full out the engine stumbles and I think its misfiring. Its totally random, but always happens under boost. Sometimes its at 5k, sometimes its at 3.75k, but the car just shudders and I lose power for an instant, then it goes away, then it gets bad, or sometimes it doesn't. At first I suspected it was bad gas (3.5 gallons at a sketchball gas station--sketchy neighborhood, 3am, out of gas, long story). but I put another 6 or 7 gallons of amoco in today and still there. I also noticed the problem with my exhaust silencer in, if it makes any diff---never run w/it in before (emissions testing today). Took silencer out, still there.

Had the guy that put the clutch on for me come for a ride, he's SURE its not teh clutch (I don't think it is, either) but he's happy to help either way. I'm lost and kinda frustrated... :shrug

Thanks!
Vandy

I generated this page in 0.011642932891846 seconds, executing 6 queries.