Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: 9.6:1 comp, head gasket handle 300hp?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=10715&mesg_id=10721
10721, RE: 9.6:1 comp, head gasket handle 300hp?
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I hate to do this, but do some more research before you try to take this project on. It sounds a little bit like you are flying by the seat of your pants here. There are alot of intricacies in doing what you are trying to do, so really it's not as simple as just asking us what you need to do. I'm sorry to do this, but I really can't see it being done without alot of knowledge on your part.

9.0:1 is also very high for forced induction engines. I'm guessing to get to the magic 300 number with 9:1 compression, it would take in the neighborhood of 17-20 PSI, but that is a total guess.

Go to dsmtuners and read through their upgrade paths and you'll get a better idea of what you need to do to "just run more boost". It's not as simple as just getting an MBC and turning it up to 22 PSI.

Also, as Jeff said before me, get a turbo engine. They are designed for boost, so don't screw around turboing a non-turbo.
I generated this page in 0.011046171188354 seconds, executing 6 queries.