Go back to previous topic
Forum name4G63 Tech
Topic subjectRE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=67&topic_id=10237&mesg_id=10248
10248, RE: 2G MAS Installed on my 1G, now to tune it...
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by HybriDSM
Originally posted by Hult250R
Originally posted by HybriDSM It's capacity is 20% more. I believe you leave the settings as is but it has a higher ceiling so to speak. I think that is how it works. I don't think it brings more air into the engine, but instead can meter more air. Let us know how it goes.
It definetly lets more air in, I richened it up a little last night and still got some pretty good knock counts. I got it kinda close but Im having trouble with getting the fuel trims set right. It seems with the 2G mas the Lo trim goes all the way up to like 3k rpm's... :shrug I get it to 100% at an idle but once I drive the car it jumps up to like 139% any ideas???
My bad. You learn something new everyday.

Jeff corrected me. I overlooked the fact that the 2g inlet is much larger than the 1g, hence more air.

I am running a 3.5" GM MAF with MAFT (blow through) I've never had any practical experience with the 2g MAS (except for one day last year (the day I blew my engine)).
I generated this page in 0.0090320110321045 seconds, executing 6 queries.