Go back to previous topic
Forum name2007 DSM Shootout
Topic subjectRE: 2007 ShootOut results
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=61&topic_id=552&mesg_id=555
555, RE: 2007 ShootOut results
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Finally got time and sleep to post something up.

Paul, thanks for the kudos. I got like 15 runs in (10 of them I was busy trying to figure out what to do with 2nd gear - which I think I found the problem :thumbsup ), so I would say I built the engine OK, lol.

Chad, great meeting you on a face to face basis. Nice looking ride, which, by the way, is NOT that loud for your neighbors. Sorry if I talked your ear off, but I tend to jaw flap (love the track). Yeah, second place with my bad. I should have just done what I know instead of trying to cut a .000. Running against a track rat with a bracket busting, automatic LeBaron, I should have known better. But all in all, running the largest bracket and coming in second is not that bad.

Cold (little sun)= no traction all day. Actually the breaks were not all that uncalled for. Even though the traction wasn't that great, the cold weather wreaks havoc on power train parts that need to be warmer. You can warm up an engine but it is tough to warm up axles and drivetrain parts (unless you put her on jacks and run it). I was concerned for my stockers with 154k on them. I didn't do a full, rev limiting, box shot until my last two runs. I wanted my axles to last.

Funny shit that pizza delivery Colt winning the quick 16. I think he actually qualified as 18th (?) and ended up getting in because of breaks or no shows. Absolute amazement when Serge broke in the finals. But, hey, that's racing.

Had a really good time (talking with the 2gnt brothers). But I still have an air flow problem. Couldn't get out of 99mph traps or 13.8 times. But it could have to do with both traction and the fact that she wouldn't NLS from 1st to 2nd at 8000rpm.

Fun time, cold time, but glad I made it back.
I generated this page in 0.0068290233612061 seconds, executing 6 queries.