Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectWho has an IPOD and how do you get songs OFF of it?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=991
991, Who has an IPOD and how do you get songs OFF of it?
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've searched google and found a couple of programs but none seem to wanna work.

Dammit,

Anyone?
993, RE: Who has an IPOD and how do you get songs OFF of it?
Posted by Nine5eclipse03, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When you plug it into the USB port, on iTunes, it should pop up, where you can access all of your songs on the ipod. They all have checkmarks next to them, uncheck the songs you want off of the ipod, then updated the ipod, they should be removed.
994, RE: Who has an IPOD and how do you get songs OFF of it?
No, I want the 10 gigs of music on my ipod on my home computer.

995, RE: Who has an IPOD and how do you get songs OFF of it?
Posted by Blk95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm guessing you want to take songs from a friend's ipod and put them on yours. First make sure your itunes preferences are set to NOT update automatically. Plug in the ipod, move wanted tracks from ipod to Library.
If that doesn't work, you can 'explore' the ipod drive, aka. enable disk use. Copy the "Music" folder to your hard drive, then add that folder to your itunes library. (tracks in the music folder are not the full names so it's impossible to tell what song it is - before it's loaded in itunes)

This is from my limited experience only, there's probably an easier way.

-t

edit: copying the music folder is how I loaded all my songs onto my computer, so I know that method works. good luck
996, RE: Who has an IPOD and how do you get songs OFF of it?
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Connect your iPOD up and load iTunes. Whatever songs you want off your iPOD move to the Library. Then go to the directory where you Library folder is. You should have the files in that folder available for whatever you want to do with them.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030
999, RE: Who has an IPOD and how do you get songs OFF of it?
I hate this shit. It (iTunes) copied all my music from My Music folder and made an itunes folder with all the music in there. So now I have 2 of each song on my computer.arggg
1004, RE: Who has an IPOD and how do you get songs OFF of it?
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There's an option to turn that off. Also your ipod shows up in Windows Explorer and you can just browse to it and pull files off.
1140, RE: Who has an IPOD and how do you get songs OFF of it?
Posted by scirio, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yamipod.com
nuff said.
I generated this page in 0.0095739364624023 seconds, executing 7 queries.