Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: What do you do for a living?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=5318&mesg_id=5602
5602, RE: What do you do for a living?
Posted by CopperEclipse96, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Originally posted by injendsm
Originally posted by CopperEclipse96 Union job with the electric company around here. Utility jobs are cool. Basically, I climb utility poles and play with electricity. Starting salary of $40,000 a year, plus overtime will put me at about $60,000 my first year. This is an entry level position too. Not bad for a 19 year old still living at home. :P I also go to school at night, which the company pays for. So if you count tuition reimbursement, add about another $10k per year to the number above.
howd you come across that job? please pm me with details.
Dangerous ass job, I am sure there is always demand and always open positions. Be safe man

it's not too bad. I'm not a lineman (yet), so we only deal with the secondaries, which are low voltage (120/240/480). The lineman do the high voltage shit 4600, 13200, and up from there. I might transfer over though. Lineman make closer to $100k a year, and they probably climb less poles than I do now.

You can just check your electic company's website for job openings. I don't know if any companies hire lineman off the street, so meter reading is a good way to get into the company. Meter readers make decent money too.
I generated this page in 0.0078351497650146 seconds, executing 6 queries.