Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectI'm back in the saddle! Well, sort of...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=49078
49078, I'm back in the saddle! Well, sort of...
Posted by ner947, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

I finally got a copy of Accesstuner for the STi! All of what I learned years ago on the turbo 2GNT with Megasquirt'N'Spark turns out to be useful for tuning turbo 2.5L Subarus. Although, the EJ257 has it's own set of quirks when compared with a turbocharged 420A. I still haven't even tried to poke the factory, surprisingly elegant boost control algorithm (PI controller).

I've been collecting datalogs and fine tuning the beast. So far I've calibrated the MAF in closed and open-loop conditions. I even wrote a bunch of MATLAB functions which takes a datalog .csv and shows a plot with recommended tuning parameters. I was skeptical at first, but it actually works. I got my closed-loop fuel trims to +/- 4% from ideal. It was not anywhere close to that with the off-the-shelf map.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here who helped me learn how to do this kind of stuff back in the day.
49079, RE: I'm back in the saddle! Well, sort of...
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Right on man. High 5!

I do the same shit on my Evo these days.
49080, RE: I'm back in the saddle! Well, sort of...
Posted by 420AYE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey there, don't know if you remember me, but its been about 12 years since I was at this site. I was actually having a discussion about the 335i N54 engine about some billet parts(crank/block) and it reminded me of the project AFX once announced about a 3.0L race block: http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=28280&mesg_id=28280&listing_type=search

Then I noticed my old screen name and tested it. To my surprise I can still login. Sadly, I sold my eclipse many years ago, basically gave it away since I had too many cars and it was broken down. DarkOne, i think I bought an input shaft from you back then and rebuilt my transmission. You had to guide me through some of it over AIM :)

I'm going to update my email on this board to my current email, I can't forget where I got my roots hehe
49081, RE: I'm back in the saddle! Well, sort of...
Howdy!
49082, RE: I'm back in the saddle! Well, sort of...
You want to know something kind of messed up. Back then I was 18 and if you remember Uberingram? He drove an SRT-4. He promised me he could get me a job in Arizona doing some kind of IT stuff. So I quit my job and moved down there on a whim with a friend and turns out he 'got in trouble' at work and had no pull and couldn't get me a job all of a sudden. When you look back at life and think of those forks in the road of your life, well, that was one of them.
49083, RE: I'm back in the saddle! Well, sort of...
Uber is still around, we chat all the time!
49084, RE: I'm back in the saddle! Well, sort of...
Well you can tell him hi for me. If he is still in AZ tell him to bring his car out, I drive a single turbo N54 and would love to talk cars :)
49087, RE: I'm back in the saddle! Well, sort of...
http://tinyurl.com/2GNTsignup

Pop into our Slack and chat with him yourself :+
I generated this page in 0.011260032653809 seconds, executing 7 queries.