Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: Starting my AWD Conversion
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=48842&mesg_id=48868
48868, RE: Starting my AWD Conversion
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If no one objects, I'll turn this into a build thread. Last weekend, I pulled the rear suspension out of the ESi and the GSX. Here is a picture of 2 DSM's in their natural habitat:

Both on jack stands, with no hope of being driveable for a long time. My tiny garage is a war zone of parts and tools now. I pulled the complete rear suspension and rear subframe out of the GSX so that I could rust proof, paint, and undercoat everything. Here is the painted subframe ready to go back in:

Oh wait, lets pull the side skirts off and poke that rusty spot with a screwdriver. I'm sure it's just on the surface.

Or not. After I excavated the seam sealer and rust, both rear rockers have got quarter size holes in that horizontal area in front of the wheel. I intend on grinding/cutting back to good metal this weekend. If I'm lucky, I'll cut some sheetmetal patches and tack them in. Fortunately, I bought a TIG welder last fall. I plan on removing the side skirts permanently. If I make an absolute mess of it, I guess I can put 2GA skirts on.

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki
I generated this page in 0.010880947113037 seconds, executing 6 queries.