Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectStarting my AWD Conversion
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=48842&mesg_id=48842
48842, Starting my AWD Conversion
Posted by Corbin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sort of like a reverse AWD conversion:

I finally accepted that I will never find a way to convert my 420A to AWD. So, I picked up a 1997 GSX last weekend and will convert that into my 1995 ESi. The body has a lot of dings and scratches, but the unibody portion is sound with no collision repair or rust. Everything damaged can be unbolted. On that note, I will bolt on my 1995 ESi rear bumper, tail lights, hatch, hood, doors, front fenders, headlights, and front bumper. That will give it good sheet metal and the Talon look I want. Suspension and brakes will also be swapped over. The engine and trans are bone stock on the GSX. Everything works and I passed emissions today, but I don't think any maintenance has been done, ever. I intend to build an engine, get a stronger trans, and swap over my turbo and FMIC. Of course, that means building a new manifold, exhaust, IC piping, fuel system, etc. I'll try to take it one step at a time, but that will be tough. I'll have to keep a close eye on the budget to ensure that I have money left over for paint (otherwise, I'll be rocking a black, green, red combo).

Corbin
'95 ESI-T

Now with more power and fewer leaks

Humble servant of the Wiki
I generated this page in 0.010000944137573 seconds, executing 6 queries.