Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectPicked up another 2gnt
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=47555
47555, Picked up another 2gnt
Posted by BoostedEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's taken a while for me to finally post this up, but better late than never. Back in April fellow 2gnt member Travis aka Crab1092, parted out his eclipse after trying to sale it whole. I have known Travis for about 3 years now and we've become good friends now due to the small distance between us.

Well anyways, I picked up his motor for a great price. My plan was to yank my built motor out to sale and drop his motor in my car. Now me and Travis have identical turbo,fuel system,nitrous,transmission and suspension setups. So I figure it will work well.

Well about a month ago, Travis offered me his gutted and caged eclipse he was consistently running 11.3 @ 123 with.

So I picked that up also. Im in the middle of installing all the goodies now and will hopefully be back on the road and tuned by HRC before next year. Travis had dynoed the car before and made 420whp/448tq on 24 psi and q16. Not sure exacly what the numbers were he was making on hi boost which was 27 psi. He finally tried to add spray so he could at least break in the 10's. But he only tried a 100 shot and found out the Clutchmasters stage 4 wouldnt hold the power.

So as of now Im going to try to at least match Travis's numbers with alot smaller shot. Only time will tell but I will keep in touch with the forum and post pics of the build and a video on the dyno.

Stay tuned!

47556, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Awesome purchase. I'm glad that elements of his car are staying within the community! Keep us updated with your progress.
47560, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Originally posted by ez
I'm glad that elements of his car are staying within the community!

Thats one of the reasons I got the engine. I told Travis it just wouldn't be right for some young punk kid to get it and more than likely blow it quickly.

47557, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
good to know that his original PF maps will be used too ;)
47561, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Right on man. Congrats!
47562, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Thanks guys. Yeah I can't wait to get it back running once again. I can still remember meeting Travis at the local drag strip. It was the first time he ran in the 11's, with only 18 psi nonetheless. If all goes to plan, then the car and I will be making our way up to 2012 shootout. I will post some pics of how the car and engine sits as of right now very soon.
47564, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Here are some pics of the car in its current state. Sorry for the shitty quality of the pics in advance.

Pic of the engine

I also picked up his nitrous setup too

47565, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm saddened by the news that Travis has finally REALLY given up the ghost on his car. But I'm glad the Crab car is going to be back up and running.

47583, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
I'm saddened by the news that Travis has finally REALLY given up the ghost on his car. But I'm glad the Crab car is going to be back up and running.

Crab was from the Northshore right? That means you are about 45 minutes away from me in BR.
47584, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by freelancefool
Originally posted by bullettdsm I'm saddened by the news that Travis has finally REALLY given up the ghost on his car. But I'm glad the Crab car is going to be back up and running.
Crab was from the Northshore right? That means you are about 45 minutes away from me in BR.

You know what that means, right Heath?

Time to move! Runaway!

47586, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by freelancefool
Originally posted by bullettdsm I'm saddened by the news that Travis has finally REALLY given up the ghost on his car. But I'm glad the Crab car is going to be back up and running.
You know what that means, right Heath? Time to move! Runaway!

Lol, just when I thought I was safe.

Travis is about an hour and a half from me. I'm in Gulfport, MS. When Travis was racing alot he came over a few times to the local dragstrip and ran. Thats how I met him cause to my knowledge I was the only built turbo 2gnt in south MS, and when I saw another 2gnt turbo at the dragstrip running I was like WTH!?!? Especially when I saw him running low 12's. So I went and introduced myself and talked with him. His next run he broke into the 11's with an 11.8. I actually filmed it and sent it to him. It was the first time he got to see his car run on video and was stoked to get to see his launch.
47587, RE: Picked up another 2gnt
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ahh, you live the other direction. I've met Nightfall once. He lives up towards Monroe though. Not many 2gnt people here in Baton Rouge, but I see the stickers on cars. Kinda weird.
I generated this page in 0.015214920043945 seconds, executing 7 queries.