Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectEnter For October Mod Of The Month!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=47304
47304, Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So we are going to try Mod of the Month.

Here are the rules:

First six entries get into voting like always.

Cool it sounds like people are on board. So this is what I'm thinking. Userbase should judge entries on 3 items:

1) Creativity (is this a pioneering 2gnt mod, or simply very artistic?)
2) Utility (how useful is the mod?)
3) Improvement (is the mod a huge improvement over what they had before?)

What does this ^^^ mean? Everyone must submit a "BEFORE MOD" picture along with their "MOD" picture, so we can judge if you actually made things better or should have just spent your time drinking or gardening that day.

Simple entry formula: mod picture + before mod picture + one sentence reason for mod.

Now there is a picture size requirement on this, which I will lower for the sake of pleasing people, nothing less than 800x600 will be accepted. Pictures can not be blurry. Some mods are very small, so make sure you take a clear concise picture!

Voting will start September 16, 2011!
47312, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I nominate EZ's stealth muffler

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=7&topic_id=105383&mesg_id=105383&page=
47314, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
I nominate EZ's stealth muffler

To kick off the new MOTM I accept your nomination, hehe. Per the rules:

Reason for mod: I wanted to reduce my car's "radar signature" while not spending more than $4.

Before:

After:

47318, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
does my oil restrictor mod count? I hope I didnt break any MOTM rules..

what I installed

before

after

Problem: smoke during deceleration, idle and changing gears off of full boost

Purpose: to determine if turbo oil seals were failing due to years of excessive oil pressure. Used to limit oil pressure the seals would see, and also to scrape up as much life/miles left out of the turbo as possible.

Result: success. Smoke is 85% gone, but is a matter of time before the seals give up. Good to buy some time to plan for rebuild or new turbo purchase
47319, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i made my 2gnt disappear.
47320, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by TheRedBarren, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Reason: I want 2GB mudflaps and cannot for the life of me find them! Needed a way to protect paint on side skirt cap.

Before (cant tell much here but it was showing primer):

After:

Used Truckbed coating found at walmart!
47335, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by TheRedBarren
Reason: I want 2GB mudflaps and cannot for the life of me find them! Needed a way to protect paint on side skirt cap. Before (cant tell much here but it was showing primer): After: Used Truckbed coating found at walmart!

Nice mod, you have my vote.
I'll use it when I install my 2gb mudflaps and side skirts. :7

Tip: try your local pullapart for mudflaps, found mine for 3bucks with inner splash guards. I only wanted the inner fenders untill I spotted the flaps.
47336, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hmm, 1st one? I'll go in for 42mm ITB's? Why? Cause I needed to know what they would do;

47341, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Hmm, 1st one? I'll go in for 42mm ITB's? Why? Cause I needed to know what they would do; http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc177/mbullett/High%20Comp%20NA/IMG_1553.jp g

you win
47344, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Intead of kicking it up a level, bullet decides to straight out nuke the whole contest. Well played.

EDIT: Was there any notable improvements seen by the dyno?
47345, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by TEAM OVER REV, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Clear corners...
http://www.2gnt.com/graphics/TEAM%20OVER%20REV_
47346, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by ez
EDIT: Was there any notable improvements seen by the dyno?

First couple of pages are the 42mm's

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=133459&mesg_id=133459&page=2&topic_page=1

47401, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by Wes Tank, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
So we are going to try Mod of the Month. Here are the rules: First six entries get into voting like always. Cool it sounds like people are on board. So this is what I'm thinking. Userbase should judge entries on 3 items: 1) Creativity (is this a pioneering 2gnt mod, or simply very artistic?) 2) Utility (how useful is the mod?) 3) Improvement (is the mod a huge improvement over what they had before?) What does this ^^^ mean? Everyone must submit a "BEFORE MOD" picture along with their "MOD" picture, so we can judge if you actually made things better or should have just spent your time drinking or gardening that day. Simple entry formula: mod picture + before mod picture + one sentence reason for mod. Now there is a picture size requirement on this, which I will lower for the sake of pleasing people, nothing less than 800x600 will be accepted. Pictures can not be blurry. Some mods are very small, so make sure you take a clear concise picture! Voting will start September 16, 2011!

MOD: Turbo

Made a huge difference, reason for mod was to go fast/ blow welds :)

Before:

After

47402, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wes,

What is going on with your IM -> VC connection. You have it routed to the other port on the VC, and it looks to be without a check valve. Am I right? If so, you are pressurizing the shit out of your crank case every time you go into boost.

Where does the other port go to (the original PCV port)?
47403, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
It goes down by the runners, to the pcv valve, then the hose routes to the red catch can, then another hose to the intake pipe.
47404, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Originally posted by Wes Tank
It goes down by the runners, to the pcv valve, then the hose routes to the red catch can, then another hose to the intake pipe.

So again, what is going on here? Is there any check valve? Or does boost pressure freely go to the crank case?

47405, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
If you look closely, right in the middle of that s-bend hose, the white plastic is a check valve. It has a zip tie on either side.
47406, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Originally posted by Wes Tank
If you look closely, right in the middle of that s-bend hose, the white plastic is a check valve. It has a zip tie on either side.

Right on man. Just curious.
47407, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
Not necessarily. It sounds like his system is essentially open, if that line off the valve cover is going into the intake before the turbo. There's no way for the crankcase to build up pressure like that because any increased pressure will bleed through to the intake.
47408, RE: Enter For October Mod Of The Month!
By the way, the entries for 2gnt's FIRST MOTM should be locked at this point, so we can move forward with the vote. Thanks to everyone who entered!
I generated this page in 0.011000156402588 seconds, executing 7 queries.