Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectFotown vs. teklein
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=47207
47207, Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Is happening tomorrow at the DSM/EVO Shootout.

That is all.
47208, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Pics and video.
47216, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by Fotowntalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
On Facebook, I said I would bend Tim over, aaaaaaaaaaand I did. well technically in times vs times. Sadly despite being staged multiple times beside each other we never got to do a heads up.
47217, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Originally posted by Fotowntalon
On Facebook, I said I would bend Tim over, aaaaaaaaaaand I did. well technically in times vs times. Sadly despite being staged multiple times beside each other we never got to do a heads up.

And I suck at drag racing. And slicks. And keeping hoses on the car.
47218, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
yes, yes and... well to the last one everyone sucks at keeping hoses on their car, last year I was just lucky mine popped off while waiting in line to get into the park as opposed to the track. By the way, fuck the summit race crew for not sending someone to come get you.
47219, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by barza21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Steve, good job, dude!

Tim, next year you'll get him... :P
47220, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Did you both do autoX too? How long did the summit crew take before towing tim back to the parking area. Was it a simple fix, or did you blow the water pump at same time.
I bet the crew would ran over in mintues, if tim had a high end turbo model or an evo.

Was there a video of this, least you both had fun. Aint as fun when it turns into job making money racing working for a company.

What's the story behind there was almost a fight between workers.
47221, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Did you both do autoX too? How long did the summit crew take before towing tim back to the parking area. Was it a simple fix, or did you blow the water pump at same time. I bet the crew would ran over in mintues, if tim had a high end turbo model or an evo. Was there a video of this, least you both had fun. Aint as fun when it turns into job making money racing working for a company. What's the story behind there was almost a fight between workers.

they never got him. he was pushed back by dino and crew. apparently, they didn't realize he was still back there, IE far enough off the track and on the return lane so they thought nothing of it.
47222, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
As usual too much fun had by all. Fucking sweet turn out for 2gnt on the SO weekend. We definitely represented at the hotel. The majority of our active (as well as some less than active members) were there. Too many stories to tell.

Originally posted by dalesmitsu Did you both do autoX too?

Some jackass named Bullett talked Tek out of autoXing and into drag racing (um, not the best idea. Though Eric did represent 2gnt on the autoX track). But don't worry we got a challenge coming up between Tek, Driggs (yeah that's right Brian, posting it up here and now, lol) and myself. I'll be kickin' their asses at next years SO in the autoX.

How long did the summit crew take before towing tim back to the parking area.

They didn't even know he was there until we walked down the return lane and Dino asked the slip guy where the fuck was the help for Tek. I'm guessing the guy couldn't count to two. I mean his job is to hand out slips and he's supposed to be watching for TWO drivers (because he has two slips and time slots for that run). Where did he think the other driver disappeared to?

But it was all good. Me, Dino and Steve pushed him back up the 1/8th mile return lane (I mean that's after Dino had his cigarette).

Was it a simple fix, or did you blow the water pump at same time. I bet the crew would ran over in mintues, if tim had a high end turbo model or an evo.

It was that three inch piece of hose over the exhaust mani/and or headers. Easy fix; we just took the one off the NA and slipped it on his.

Originally posted by dalesmitsu What's the story behind there was almost a fight between workers.

Please don't sit on my car.......Please get off my car.....don't sit on my car.....get off my car.......GET - THE - FUCK - OFF - THE - CAR!!

I'll let someone else chime in on that.

Got back in at 4am this morning (did it in 9 1/2 hours. Pretty sweet). But wanted to check in. As always, too much fun.

47224, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Please don't sit on my car.......Please get off my car.....don't sit on my car.....get off my car.......GET - THE - FUCK - OFF - THE - CAR!!

It wasn't too worried till diceman walked over, he was ready to choke a bitch out.
47225, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm Please don't sit on my car.......Please get off my car.....don't sit on my car.....get off my car.......GET - THE - FUCK - OFF - THE - CAR!!
It wasn't too worried till diceman walked over, he was ready to choke a bitch out.

Whos car did they sit on? Yours? I have some pics ill post up here after I get unpacked.
47230, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by 992gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
They sat on Zac's gf's car. She was pissed. Well, we were all pissed. Tejano music, leaning on people's cars, breaking a beer bottle (Dino rolled the trash can to them and made them clean it up), Mrs Driggs telling them to turn down, the aforementioned Tejano jamz, Diceman about to kill someones face, and my fiance ending up with an inch long piece of the aforementioned beer bottle in her heel. That was all in about 2 or 3 hours saturday night.

Oh, and there is no way in hell there is going to be a 2gnt Auto-x showdown without me representing. Even if I have to borrow/steal a car to do it in.
47231, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Originally posted by 992gnt
They sat on Zac's gf's car. She was pissed. Well, we were all pissed. Tejano music, leaning on people's cars, breaking a beer bottle (Dino rolled the trash can to them and made them clean it up), Mrs Driggs telling them to turn down, the aforementioned Tejano jamz, Diceman about to kill someones face, and my fiance ending up with an inch long piece of the aforementioned beer bottle in her heel. That was all in about 2 or 3 hours saturday night. Oh, and there is no way in hell there is going to be a 2gnt Auto-x showdown without me representing. Even if I have to borrow/steal a car to do it in.

Mandy is yours that day if you need it.
47232, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Ninja edited Bulletts post to change Tech to Tek :P

And guys - I will get the video up, but four words to sum up teklein:

Worst. Drag. Racer. Ever.

Im gonna get some practice in locally and try again next year. Autocross is where its at though - I am much better at that :)

Tons of props to Bullett, Dino, and Steve for all of the advice, parts borrowing, help working on the car, and the giant push back - uphill.

2gnt rocks is the moral of this story :)
47233, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by Slo2g, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yes, they where sitting on my girlfriends car. Seems out of place to me, you don't go to a car enthusiast event and lean on peoples cars. Anywho, the annual drunk fest was very nice this year and everyone brought some delicious beer! Tim, all you need is some seat time man! And I'm down for seeing all these people do the autocross event, should be fun!
47234, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Slo2g
you don't go to a car enthusiast event and lean on peoples cars.

No you don't, unless you are a complete idiot.

Glad to hear everyone had a great time.
47235, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
As usual too much fun had by all. Fucking sweet turn out for 2gnt on the SO weekend. We definitely represented at the hotel. The majority of our active (as well as some less than active members) were there. Too many stories to tell.
Originally posted by dalesmitsu Did you both do autoX too?
Some jackass named Bullett talked Tek out of autoXing and into drag racing (um, not the best idea. Though Eric did represent 2gnt on the autoX track). But don't worry we got a challenge coming up between Tek, Driggs (yeah that's right Brian, posting it up here and now, lol) and myself. I'll be kickin' their asses at next years SO in the autoX.
Originally posted by dalesmitsu How long did the summit crew take before towing tim back to the parking area.
They didn't even know he was there until we walked down the return lane and Dino asked the slip guy where the fuck was the help for Tek. I'm guessing the guy couldn't count to two. I mean his job is to hand out slips and he's supposed to be watching for TWO drivers (because he has two slips and time slots for that run). Where did he think the other driver disappeared to? But it was all good. Me, Dino and Steve pushed him back up the 1/8th mile return lane (I mean that's after Dino had his cigarette).
Originally posted by dalesmitsu Was it a simple fix, or did you blow the water pump at same time. I bet the crew would ran over in mintues, if tim had a high end turbo model or an evo.
It was that three inch piece of hose over the exhaust mani/and or headers. Easy fix; we just took the one off the NA and slipped it on his.
Originally posted by dalesmitsu What's the story behind there was almost a fight between workers.
Please don't sit on my car.......Please get off my car.....don't sit on my car.....get off my car.......GET - THE - FUCK - OFF - THE - CAR!! I'll let someone else chime in on that. Got back in at 4am this morning (did it in 9 1/2 hours. Pretty sweet). But wanted to check in. As always, too much fun.

Cool, so nobody stayed in the campground area with 4g63 crowd. You guys should keep it a fair race with Tim, everyone drives a fwd not the awd with turbo to boot. I think I read on facebook Eric won the autoX, thats awesome if he did, way to represent. Code4 didnt run autoX, I figured he would've torn it up with his beast.
I would've bitch, at the track crew. Sure,its busy but thats no excuse leaving a racer(Car) broke down on the line. Knowing the driver can't coast back to the pits. Would be even worst if they didnt for pure enjoyment knowing the driver in N/a be embrassed.
Tim might wanna do the http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Waterneck_Heater_Hose_Conversion
47242, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
bookmarking that page because that line always looks like it can go at anytime
47243, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
bookmarking that page because that line always looks like it can go at anytime

That's why I made it. I had the line split on me 3 different times. I finally had enough.
47255, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
"Cool, so nobody stayed in the campground area with 4g63 crowd."

I did. It was a relatively uneventful night. For anyone who rolled through, we had the site with 2 tents, and a silver 06 Eclipse and a dark grey spyder with EDM tails. It was my first time camping there, so definately something to do at least once. I missed all the hotel shenanigans though. Didnt even get to make it to the all american because of the DUI checkpoint. Not saying we didnt have a DD, but he wasnt sure what his BAC was, lol.

The only thing that slightly pissed me the fuck off was some Silver Evo X that rolled by, then someone yelled "Launch It!", and he proceeded to AWD burnout and throw rocks all over my womans Eclipse, to which we all yelled at him for. He drove off and was never seen again. On the good side, the guys next to us who told him to actually appologized for suggesting he do it. Then later a golf cart drove by and I heard one of them say " Dont Launch it..." lol.

Next year, planning on being at a hotel, with the 2gnt,( giving her a name here soon..), and look for a showdown between me and fotown...
47248, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
We got a challenge coming up between Tek, Driggs (yeah that's right Brian, posting it up here and now, lol) and myself. I'll be kickin' their asses at next years SO in the autoX.

Yeah. Already trying to get a couple AZ/socal guys thinking about going next year. I have about a year to build a GVR4 and learn how to autox.

:order

Please don't sit on my car.......Please get off my car.....don't sit on my car.....get off my car.......GET - THE - FUCK - OFF - THE - CAR!! I'll let someone else chime in on that.

Heh. I was just nervous seeing Sgt. Dave pacing the grounds while that was going on. He's been out of the Marines for more than a year, is always strapped, and was probably fighting the itch... ;)

Good times. See you bitches next year.

PS: I need a couple "I (tek) my GVR4" decals. Clay? Clay? CLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
47250, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Originally posted by teklein
And I suck at drag racing. And slicks. And keeping hoses on the car.

Big props to you my brotha. You kept going when lesser men would walk away. Gotta get on your "local" track to get it down.

But you better "bring it" for next year in the autoX. I've never run this pavement squealing stuff, but you know I don't do anything halfway.

Oh, and there is no way in hell there is going to be a 2gnt Auto-x showdown without me representing. Even if I have to borrow/steal a car to do it in.

That's what I'm talking about! Where's the "like" button for that comment, lol.

Originally posted by bullettdsm Please don't sit on my car.......Please get off my car.....don't sit on my car.....get off my car.......GET - THE - FUCK - OFF - THE - CAR!!

Funny, I wasn't worried WHEN Diceman walked over there, lol.

Originally posted by DR1665
Yeah. Already trying to get a couple AZ/socal guys thinking about going next year. I have about a year to build a GVR4 and learn how to autox. :order

Yeah! That's the spirit. The more the merrier. More people to beat :twitch
47245, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
what is oscars screen name? I found his flashlight somehow left it on the windshield wiper cowl of my fiances car, it somehow made the journey all the way back home.
47246, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Barza something I think.
47252, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
barza21
47258, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
what is oscars screen name? I found his flashlight somehow left it on the windshield wiper cowl of my fiances car, it somehow made the journey all the way back home.

DUDE!!! I've been looking for that thing all over the place!

How much to ship it to 32114? hahahaha
47260, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
i don't know? 5? 10? wouldn't think that much. Funny thing was is we didn't even notice it till Tuesday >< that could have been really bad.
47264, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
i don't know? 5? 10? wouldn't think that much. Funny thing was is we didn't even notice it till Tuesday >< that could have been really bad.

That flashlight held on for dear life :P Let me know when you can shit it out and we'll figure something out.
47265, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Originally posted by barza21That flashlight held on for dear life :P Let me know when you can shit it out and we'll figure something out.

That would be interesting....

47266, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Originally posted by barza21That flashlight held on for dear life :P Let me know when you can shit it out and we'll figure something out.
That would be interesting....

I don't remember it going up anybody's ass. But maybe that was after I left

47268, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Originally posted by barza21
Originally posted by Fotowntalon i don't know? 5? 10? wouldn't think that much. Funny thing was is we didn't even notice it till Tuesday >< that could have been really bad.
That flashlight held on for dear life :P Let me know when you can shit it out and we'll figure something out.

everyone else already jumped all over the typo, so I will just say if you can wait till after the wedding, it would be best. Once things go back to normal I will have no problem shipping it out.
47271, RE: Fotown vs. teklein
Lol, I missed the typo.

Take your time. No hurries, dude.

Btw congrats on getting married!
I generated this page in 0.012156963348389 seconds, executing 7 queries.