Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectWow, if this doesn't scare you away from new cars...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=44285
44285, Wow, if this doesn't scare you away from new cars...
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hackers find ways to screw up new cars

This makes me VERY glad that all the cars I own are controlled by me, not some retarded computer
44287, RE: Wow, if this doesn't scare you away from new cars...
Posted by whtclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well hopefully its only limited to having to be plugged in to the diagnostic port. That's what is so horrible about most newer cars, everything is starting to be controlled by electronics making it harder for people like us to work on them and do our own upgrades.
44288, RE: Wow, if this doesn't scare you away from new cars...
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah, but think about how many newer cars have hidden diag ports. The article talks about controlling things wirelessly. If you could hide something up under the dash you could easily kill someone. Hell, a laptop under the seat wouldn't really look suspect if you think about it.
44289, RE: Wow, if this doesn't scare you away from new cars...
Posted by whtclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah good point. I am beginning to understand people less and less each day.
44292, RE: Wow, if this doesn't scare you away from new cars...
Posted by electrohead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That's why I love my car. If anyone is going to kill me in my car, it's going to be me, not some hacker with anger issues. New cars rely too much on computers. It could be because too many people try taking manufacturers to court because they can't drive. Reduced driving ability = electronic training wheels. It's just that hackers can make the training wheels kill you now.
I generated this page in 0.010169982910156 seconds, executing 7 queries.