Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectWhen I mangled my arm a few years ago..
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=42172
42172, When I mangled my arm a few years ago..
Posted by Ebster1085, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So yea, this randomly came up in chat today and some guys wanted to see some pics.

A few years ago I had a horrific snowboarding accident and shattered my distal radius into 8 pieces, got a massive bone chip on the distal ulna, and had severe nerve damage to my entire hand. Needless to say, it was not fun..

Pics arent great, but as you can see I had the four main screws connecting to the external fixation device, 6 pins, and around 35 stiches. Enjoy!
42173, RE: When I mangled my arm a few years ago..
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
fuck
42174, RE: When I mangled my arm a few years ago..
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thats nuts dude.
42175, RE: When I mangled my arm a few years ago..
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
wow....all i can say is wow.

Tell us the truth......you slipped and hit the wall one night....
42176, RE: When I mangled my arm a few years ago..
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ha don't you just love the hardware ortho gets to work with? have you recovered from the nerve damage (what was it, sensory/motor/both?) must have been one hell of a crash
42177, RE: When I mangled my arm a few years ago..
Yea man, it was a pretty bad crash. I was trying a new setup on my board, hit a massive double at like 25-30mph wihtout scoping the landing first (terrible idea) and came down hard. If I didnt put my hand out to cushion my fall I would have landed face and shoulder first directly into ice.

I had very bad sensory nerve damage. Had no feeling in my fingertips for a long time. Took about 7 months before it felt relatively normal to pick things up and such, but years later it is pretty good.

The hardware was awesome! I still have a few of the ss pins that I pulled out with pliers myself one drunken night (doctor was notttt happy) as well as the titanium external fixator.
42178, RE: When I mangled my arm a few years ago..
Posted by Keith2172, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Snowboarding my ass, this had something to do with a jar of condiment, a small woodland creature, and a team of sexually frustrated midgets, didn't it? Eitherway it happened, pretty gnar dude. Worst thing about an injury like this is you can usually get the sympathy play but don't have the motor function to do anything about it! What kinda fun time did they give you? did you weasel the Dilauded or get stuck with the Norco?
42179, RE: When I mangled my arm a few years ago..
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Fucking A dude.
42180, RE: When I mangled my arm a few years ago..
LOL Keith!

I was on a morphine drip as well as direct injection for the day I spent in the hospital after the 4 hour surgery. That was pretty nice. I bascially just clicked the direct injection button all day long and enjoyed my drug enduced state whenever I was awake. After that they gave me a nice fat pill bottle of about 80 10mg Percocets. I had fun with those too..

I think that answered your question..
42189, RE: When I mangled my arm a few years ago..
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Gnarly man.
I generated this page in 0.010585069656372 seconds, executing 7 queries.