Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectnew N/A world record
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=42100
42100, new N/A world record
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you'd better step up your game mark bullett

"This is a video that is just to show basically what has been done and what is being done to break the N/A 420a record on the dyno. We are just finishing wiring up the AEM F/IC before we take it to Beyond Redline in Green Bay Wisconsin to get it dyno tuned. After the tune, we are expecting about 240-250hp/220-230tq. Enjoy!"

if you listen to the second vid, it sounds like it's cammed
42101, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
He claims it has Crowers 280/280s.
42102, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by 740 turbo brick, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Arent Crower 3s something like 270 or thereabouts? Sounds nice, I ask why he isnt a member of this board though.
42103, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I dont know......Dyno can easily be adjusted to output whatever power you want. I think for that reason you see records set on the track......not on a dyno. Put that same car on a mustang dyno and his record goes out the window!
42104, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
230-240whp?

If it was verifiable, im pretty sure he would beat the Neons too...
42105, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Arent Crower 3s something like 270 or thereabouts? Sounds nice, I ask why he isnt a member of this board though.

Crower 3s for our setup are 254/250. That is why I was like :wary unless he had a custom set made.
42106, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CODE4
Originally posted by 740 turbo brick Arent Crower 3s something like 270 or thereabouts? Sounds nice, I ask why he isnt a member of this board though.
Crower 3s for our setup are 254/250. That is why I was like :wary unless he had a custom set made.

He could be full of shit.

But who knows.

I wanna see this thing get tuned, would love to verify it. Only because that would be a ridiculous amount of power out of the 420A platform.
42108, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If someone simply gets the FIC to work with a 2gNT, that's amazing in itself. Our cars don't like it
42109, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CODE4
He claims it has Crowers 280/280s.

Uh huh..........

Yup, was aware of his claims about 2 weeks ago from DSMZero. Kinda chuckled it off because I hear these things all the time (but I'm always about giving guys support, so I thought I would hear him out). So Zero asked them for some proof and build info and dyno sheets etc. Heard nothing from them after that.

At that time, they were already claiming 220whp. Said they were going for 240whp that night, heh heh. After seeing this video, they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

First off lets look at his set-up; you can see a big OBX intake on there with what looks like a cold air intake (probably around 2/1/2" tops) and an E-bay exahust header on there. We are not boosting here so that set-up needs to draw air in and expel it "naturally". It just doesn't have area/velocity to do it. From the cold air intake restriction to the big opening plenum of the OBX to the closed down restriction of the E-bay exhaust mani, the air is going to have problems flowing through that.

Forget my set-up for now and let's look at the Neon set-ups (with which I compare mine to). They had a data base for 190+ (check out this link and look through the set-ups http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=261993). Virtually all (if not all) had LTH's on them with big exhaust primaries. Of course they had intakes on them like an AMM, or an Indy (which, incidentally, because of its size - too big - is considered a poor choice for any NA Neon) all items that are necessary for the air to flow so that you can generate power.

Think about this fella's; he's claiming that he was what? 196whp with a max of 6k because he didn't have an exhaust on so he couldn't go over 6k without some "back pressure" (again refer back to the link I posted)? With a "fully built" bottom end (though no particulars) for his "one of a kind" set-up.

Now, as Terry pointed out, you can make a dyno say all kinds of things simply by changing parameters etc. So could someone come up with a dyno sheet that claims 240whp? Sure, but you need to use your rational sense to know whether a set-up could do that or not.

Sorry guys, I just don't see any proof to believe that that set-up would be good for 240whp (without spray that is, lol).

42112, RE: new N/A world record
damn mark, long post lol. Personally, i think the guy & his car are both full of crap.
42114, RE: new N/A world record
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
damn mark, long post lol. Personally, i think the guy & his car are both full of crap.

That's actually the short version, lol. I guess yours' is a whole lot shorter with the same general message.

42115, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
IMO, it's just like boxing; The champ doesn't have to beat you, you have to beat the champ.

Dyno numbers mean exactly dick.

MB vs this guy at the SO 2010, please.
42116, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Not even going to bother watching the second video since the homo in the first one, I now would like to punch him in his retarded face.

End mini rant.
42121, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by azdave, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The thread title is misleading.

It should be "Dubious new N/A world record claim attempt"
42123, RE: new N/A world record
Originally posted by azdave
The thread title is misleading. It should be "Dubious new N/A world record claim attempt"

agreed. mods? lol
42127, RE: new N/A world record
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
agreed. mods? lol

Honestly don't care enough, lol. I hear these a lot (but not normally a vid showing it off) so it doesn't really faze me. When someone does come up with a set-up in that range, I'll be the first to congradulate them and give them any help/advice that they want to accept from me.

42144, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by quicksilver99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Where is this guy from? I really wonder. Beyond redline is about 45 min away from home for me. I live in Fond Du Lac which is mideastern wisconsin. I also want to add that their tuning methods suck monkey balls. I watched the guy, can't remember his name, make 8 consecutive pulls on an acura RSX just to check timing. Problem was he was more in the range of just having fun and I watched my close friends 3 year investment relocate all of its contents onto the floor simply due to timing advance/detonation and lack of cool down. They also have a 7-bolt AWD that puts out 800 thousandsomethingish WHP at their dyno but has never been able to break 700whp at my hangout in Milwaukee. So... I cant wait to see where this goes... I could use a good laugh for a change. You got no worries mark, trust me.

Edit: I watched the vid again and saw West bend dyno... I know these guys personaly. As a mater of fact I'm going down to carquest in Fond Du lac tuesday to talk to the owners cousin Jim, just to find out who this guy realy is. I think I've found my entertainment for the week :7 Oh, and as a side note, of all the time i've spent at GLD I've never seen this guys car. I would think he'd be at at least one Import wars or something...
42153, RE: new N/A world record
Originally posted by quicksilver99
Where is this guy from? I really wonder. Beyond redline is about 45 min away from home for me. I live in Fond Du Lac which is mideastern wisconsin. I also want to add that their tuning methods suck monkey balls. I watched the guy, can't remember his name, make 8 consecutive pulls on an acura RSX just to check timing. Problem was he was more in the range of just having fun and I watched my close friends 3 year investment relocate all of its contents onto the floor simply due to timing advance/detonation and lack of cool down. They also have a 7-bolt AWD that puts out 800 thousandsomethingish WHP at their dyno but has never been able to break 700whp at my hangout in Milwaukee. So... I cant wait to see where this goes... I could use a good laugh for a change. You got no worries mark, trust me. Edit: I watched the vid again and saw West bend dyno... I know these guys personaly. As a mater of fact I'm going down to carquest in Fond Du lac tuesday to talk to the owners cousin Jim, just to find out who this guy realy is. I think I've found my entertainment for the week :7 Oh, and as a side note, of all the time i've spent at GLD I've never seen this guys car. I would think he'd be at at least one Import wars or something...

Look at you come back to life!!! Hey man, good to hear from you. Where the fuck you been?

MB

42185, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'd ask for a timeslip, and video of a clean run too. Then we'll see if the numbers are real or not.

Why make a bid deal about HP if you can't get downt he track with it?
42194, RE: new N/A world record
Posted by quicksilver99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by quicksilver99 Where is this guy from? I really wonder. Beyond redline is about 45 min away from home for me. I live in Fond Du Lac which is mideastern wisconsin. I also want to add that their tuning methods suck monkey balls. I watched the guy, can't remember his name, make 8 consecutive pulls on an acura RSX just to check timing. Problem was he was more in the range of just having fun and I watched my close friends 3 year investment relocate all of its contents onto the floor simply due to timing advance/detonation and lack of cool down. They also have a 7-bolt AWD that puts out 800 thousandsomethingish WHP at their dyno but has never been able to break 700whp at my hangout in Milwaukee. So... I cant wait to see where this goes... I could use a good laugh for a change. You got no worries mark, trust me. Edit: I watched the vid again and saw West bend dyno... I know these guys personaly. As a mater of fact I'm going down to carquest in Fond Du lac tuesday to talk to the owners cousin Jim, just to find out who this guy realy is. I think I've found my entertainment for the week :7 Oh, and as a side note, of all the time i've spent at GLD I've never seen this guys car. I would think he'd be at at least one Import wars or something...
Look at you come back to life!!! Hey man, good to hear from you. Where the fuck you been? MB

Where havent I been lately.... I got another thread goin too kinda fills in the gap. buyin a house sucks when your only around 6 business days in an entire month... I didn't get to talk to Jim, or Adam- another insider and close friend- cuz I was awake for three days straight moving a shop and apartment into storage... long ass days. Glad to see things are workin for ya mark. I'm wanderin around IL for the next two weeks but when I get back I'll try to track this down again and see where I get. I'm closing on the house the 13th- perfect cuz my luck has been permanently inverted. When the wife-to-be and I are settled I'm hunting this guy down. I'm looking foreward to seeing the look on his face when I do find him and personally and randomly ask how his record setting event went...
I generated this page in 0.010753154754639 seconds, executing 7 queries.