Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectI feel like I stole tonight
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=40746
40746, I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by eclipsed08, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok here it is...the newest edition to the 2gnt team.

Picked he up for 600$ yes I said 600$...I feel like I may have robbed this guy.

I thought this ad was fake at first..but when the kid called me back and now the car is sittin in my driveway I know it's real.

Here's the pics below and the lowdown on the car...it needs 2gnt's help.

It's a 97 2gnt with a stat turbo kit..Kid told me the block is build with JE Eagle Rods and Pistons board over and under 20k miles. (Is there any way to verify this?)

the car will start and run...also drives but I havn't yet till I get her worked out.

The car will not idle smoothly after about 15-20 sec of starting. Oil starts to smoke out of the turbo housing. But other than that the car is good...no accidents and good body.

Kyb struts and aftermarket rims, as well as a FMIC...looks to me this might be a stage two kit?? Also the kid says there is Puck clutch...never really heard of it but the damn clutch does grab right off the floor, something I'm not used to...

Well more will be n the help sections....check out the pics for now...IM and post would be cool to help me out....

Thank you 2gnt.

40747, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks like its a star stage 2 turbo kit he put on it.
40748, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I want the clear tail lights. I have a set of stockers and some cash I will trade you.
40749, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Originally posted by freelancefool
I want the clear tail lights. I have a set of stockers and some cash I will trade you.

What kinda cash we talking?? I really like those lights, you don't see much of those around...actually I've never seen them.
40750, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
$600 is a fair price, for all the de-ricing you'll have to do to that poor thing.
40751, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Looks good.

Too bad it needs to be burned with fire.
40752, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Originally posted by teklein
Looks good. Too bad it needs to be burned with fire.

It's strange..i figured you guys would be all over trying to help me get this beast up and running proper.
40753, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipsed08
Originally posted by teklein Looks good. Too bad it needs to be burned with fire.
It's strange..i figured you guys would be all over trying to help me get this beast up and running proper.

Good deal, de-rice the interior body is alright.

Ask and you shall receive.
40754, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by burntheblobs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That's actually a fair price. You are talking about a broken tuner car here, with no interior. There isn't much of a market for that. Good find for you though.
40755, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipsed08
Originally posted by teklein Looks good. Too bad it needs to be burned with fire.

It runs :shrug

It just looks it got off the set of Once Upon A Time In Mexico.

Rip the interior out, burn. Replace with stock. Kill bumper with fire, replace with 2gb.

Oh, and the eyelids have to go.

:)
40756, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by J, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That's a great deal you got there; I'm know you're bouncing off walls!

There are a few things I really, really like on an Eclipse... like RX7 rims & Clear Tail Lights.

Here's an old pic of my car:

...and here's a lil more montage of other cars:

My first car I ever bought was an Eclipse, and I haven't driven anything since (I'm on my 3rd 2GNT now)... Year was 1998, 2nd year of the revamped body, and some people were selling a '97 2GNT for $9k w/ 30k miles... called for 3-weeks solid, daily, and never got ahold of anyone (ring-no-answer). Finally got someone and bought the car the next morning... two parents' son had commited suicide and they were just getting rid of it. Very sad for sure, but also one heck of a deal back then.

- J

40758, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Looks good. Too bad it needs to be burned with fire.

That made me LOL

OP...turbo blown rebuild/replace
40757, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
I was thinking about $50 + stock lights + S&H.
40759, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
great deal, the tails are probably worth almost half the purchase price of the car (seriously). Good luck getting its issues sorted out. If not, you can easily make your money back parting it out. I'm quite jealous.
40760, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Originally posted by cs82685
great deal, the tails are probably worth almost half the purchase price of the car (seriously).

The going price for a set of clear tails these days is ~$300... and that's if a.) you can even find a set, and b.) they're in excellent condition (i.e. no cracks, etc).

- J

40763, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
pop the oil pan off and look at the bottom end. See if you see the P/N on the rod sides, and look at the underside of the pistons for a P/N as well.
40767, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh, I don't think the tach is quite big enough, either. :P
40772, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Oh, I don't think the tach is quite big enough, either. :P

or far enough off to the side.
40779, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by Hedge, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
/>
40761, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Posted by DanKid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by J
The going price for a set of clear tails these days is ~$300... and that's if a.) you can even find a set, and b.) they're in excellent condition (i.e. no cracks, etc).

Someone just had them on ebay with a starting bid price of $300. And it was a used set that had one side of the lights slightly darker than the other which kind of sucked.

Originally posted by freelancefool
I was thinking about $50 + stock lights + S&H.

They are super rare man. Better add another zero to the end of that $50 LOL.
40768, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Originally posted by DanKid
Someone just had them on ebay with a starting bid price of $300. And it was a used set that had one side of the lights slightly darker than the other which kind of sucked.

Well they're ALL going to be used; there's no such thing as a new set anymore... they spawned alot of controversy back in their day as most state laws required you had at minimum of 5" of red reflectors in tail lights so motorists could actually identify them as tail lights. Laws have since loosened up significantly with the advent of the various Lexus & Mazdas running around with clear tails now.

The guy w/ the $300 set on eBay right now is local to me, although I've never seen him and don't know him personally (he's down in Dade County - Miami, I'm up in Broward - Ft. Lauderdale). Further, I'm ~90% sure that the white Eclipse pics that I posted above w/ the black spoiler IS his car! (he keeps posting on Craigslist also) If I'm not mistaken, he's recommending you take some night shade to them and you won't notice... having a set myself, I can attest that it'd work (just depends if you want to spend the time).

Clear Tails are like CF Body Parts to me... something I keep an eye out for. I've seen various Clear Tails online for sale with cracks all in them, some only a driver's side with no passenger, and so on... but very few in excellent condition. You have to keep an eye out for these things, or you'll never get them... as the 1st to call dibs or have cash in hand wins. They are indeed rare and hard to find. I piked up my set for $260 shipped and was stoked!

- J

40769, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Originally posted by J
Originally posted by DanKid Someone just had them on ebay with a starting bid price of $300. And it was a used set that had one side of the lights slightly darker than the other which kind of sucked.
Well they're ALL going to be used; there's no such thing as a new set anymore... they spawned alot of controversy back in their day as most state laws required you had at minimum of 5" of red reflectors in tail lights so motorists could actually identify them as tail lights. Laws have since loosened up significantly with the advent of the various Lexus & Mazdas running around with clear tails now. The guy w/ the $300 set on eBay right now is local to me, although I've never seen him and don't know him personally (he's down in Dade County - Miami, I'm up in Broward - Ft. Lauderdale). Further, I'm ~90% sure that the white Eclipse pics that I posted above w/ the black spoiler IS his car! (he keeps posting on Craigslist also) If I'm not mistaken, he's recommending you take some night shade to them and you won't notice... having a set myself, I can attest that it'd work (just depends if you want to spend the time). Clear Tails are like CF Body Parts to me... something I keep an eye out for. I've seen various Clear Tails online for sale with cracks all in them, some only a driver's side with no passenger, and so on... but very few in excellent condition. You have to keep an eye out for these things, or you'll never get them... as the 1st to call dibs or have cash in hand wins. They are indeed rare and hard to find. I piked up my set for $260 shipped and was stoked! - J

thanks for the ups....anyone want them?
40770, RE: I feel like I stole tonight
Not for $300.
I generated this page in 0.015629053115845 seconds, executing 7 queries.