Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectcar dealers are stupid
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=39218
39218, car dealers are stupid
Posted by scorpo86, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i swear, every time i call or go to the parts area at the dealer they look or talk to me like its the first time they heard about cars. that stupid blank look...mmm are you sure we supply that...YES YOU FUCKING MORON, I HAVE THE PART NUMBER!!!!!! ummm sir it has to have seven or more digets.
after three different people i had to talk to finally someone tried to just put the part number in the computer instead of saying thats not right.
oh wait sir, we do carry that.
:dark
39221, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by scorpo86
i swear, every time i call or go to the parts area at the dealer they look or talk to me like its the first time they heard about cars. that stupid blank look...mmm are you sure we supply that...YES YOU FUCKING MORON, I HAVE THE PART NUMBER!!!!!! ummm sir it has to have seven or more digets. after three different people i had to talk to finally someone tried to just put the part number in the computer instead of saying thats not right. oh wait sir, we do carry that. :dark

I get that too, from Advance Auto parts.

Last week I called a Dodge dealer to run my vin for the balljoint replacement. He told me he couldn't run the vin because its not a Dodge/chrysler, so I explain to him a little history about my 2G. He was very suprised that I knew that our eclipses are indetical (the motor trans suspension) to avenger, stratus, neon,sebring. He said oh wow really? He told me to call a Mitsu dealer, due to the Mitsu name.

They still need replaced before an aligment, but I yet did my brakes,painted my wheels. Due to work and cleaning my garage but its finally clean. Its still needs remodel but it'll do for now
39224, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
we've all been there. gotta check behind em to make sure. gotta love it. that's life.
39226, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by scorpo86
i swear, every time i call or go to the parts area at the dealer they look or talk to me like its the first time they heard about cars. that stupid blank look...mmm are you sure we supply that...YES YOU FUCKING MORON, I HAVE THE PART NUMBER!!!!!! ummm sir it has to have seven or more digets. after three different people i had to talk to finally someone tried to just put the part number in the computer instead of saying thats not right. oh wait sir, we do carry that. :dark

that's because you didn't come to my parts store :P
39227, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There are two sides here.

At the dealership where I work, our parts guys can tell you anyting you want to know about parts, where they go, how they go on, etc etc.

Then a store down the road, it takes the fucks 10 minutes to look up oil filters :)
39228, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mitsu dealer close to me is impossible to deal with. WAY OVERPRICED and they second guess everything you say, they also have an average wait of over a month.

Mitsu dealer 25 minutes away is almost always 50%+ cheaper, knowledgeable, and dont give you shit.

Fact of life my man.
39229, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Mitsu dealer close to me is impossible to deal with. WAY OVERPRICED and they second guess everything you say, they also have an average wait of over a month. Mitsu dealer 25 minutes away is almost always 50%+ cheaper, knowledgeable, and dont give you shit. Fact of life my man.

They just dont like you then. All dealers work from a Matrix pricing guide and should all be about the same if not, extremely close.
39230, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have to agree with what tim says. Its not just him, its me too. Dealer likes his markup percentages.
39231, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by scorpo86, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea, i would never get a part from a dealership if i can get it at autozone, and others. people that work at the parts counter need to know their stuff. I never called a place that new that mits and dodge are the same. they just say just deal with mits dealership.
39251, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST
Originally posted by teklein Mitsu dealer close to me is impossible to deal with. WAY OVERPRICED and they second guess everything you say, they also have an average wait of over a month. Mitsu dealer 25 minutes away is almost always 50%+ cheaper, knowledgeable, and dont give you shit. Fact of life my man.
They just dont like you then. All dealers work from a Matrix pricing guide and should all be about the same if not, extremely close.

Except this dealer. They do it with four other people I know, and as little as I call, I doubt they see my number and get pissed.

Even the Easley (25 min away) parts guy says that Dick Smith Mitsu has been complained on for price markup more than a few times.
39253, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by Uberingram, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST

I'd love that if it were actually the case. 7 dealerships each had a different price and ranging from $90 to almost $300 for a Neon throttle cable. Ended up buying it online for under $50. I think this "Matrix you speak of is a dart board on the back wall.
39281, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Uberingram
Originally posted by eclipse982nrRST They just dont like you then. All dealers work from a Matrix pricing guide and should all be about the same if not, extremely close.
I'd love that if it were actually the case. 7 dealerships each had a different price and ranging from $90 to almost $300 for a Neon throttle cable. Ended up buying it online for under $50. I think this "Matrix you speak of is a dart board on the back wall.

Most dealers within a close range will be pretty close in pricing so that they won't lose business. At my dealership we work off a standard matrix price of 10% over manufacturers list, and I have authorization to take it lower to make a customer happy. We're within 15-20 min of several other subaru dealers here in denver so we do all we can to keep the business we've got. If you go south to colorado springs (about an hour away) you'll find only 1 subaru dealer and their matrix is 25% over list price. Why? Because they can.

Now if you come to me acting like a know-it-all douchenozzle, you just upcharged an extra 5% or more.
39252, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by cs82685, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by teklein
Mitsu dealer close to me is impossible to deal with. WAY OVERPRICED and they second guess everything you say, they also have an average wait of over a month. Mitsu dealer 25 minutes away is almost always 50%+ cheaper, knowledgeable, and dont give you shit. Fact of life my man.

Damn two within 30 minutes closest one to me is an hour. Aside from oil filters and fluids for the evo, I always get my oem parts from mitsubishiparts.net as long as I have time to wait a week or two since they're on the other side of the country. Filters and fluids come from extremepsi, they charge less than the dealers near me and will ship it to me within a day.
39268, RE: car dealers are stupid
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by teklein Mitsu dealer close to me is impossible to deal with. WAY OVERPRICED and they second guess everything you say, they also have an average wait of over a month. Mitsu dealer 25 minutes away is almost always 50%+ cheaper, knowledgeable, and dont give you shit. Fact of life my man.
Damn two within 30 minutes closest one to me is an hour. Aside from oil filters and fluids for the evo, I always get my oem parts from mitsubishiparts.net as long as I have time to wait a week or two since they're on the other side of the country. Filters and fluids come from extremepsi, they charge less than the dealers near me and will ship it to me within a day.

Wow, If I owned an EVO I would deal with Buschur or AMS.
I generated this page in 0.010073900222778 seconds, executing 7 queries.