Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectSo much for that...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=30674
30674, So much for that...
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I suppose I was a bit premature. My fiancee told me last night she is leaving, back for St. Louis. Saying she isn't ready for this sort of thing...I took the day off of work and now I'm getting (already am completely) plowed. (Before you flame me, realise that she and I still care for each other. To what degree of each, i do not know. Nor does it matter...so try to keep the "fuck her" type comments to a minimum.) I know it probably seems childish and high school-esque, but we've been together nearly five years; and I really want it to work; but, iI just want her to be happy. Guess I just needed to vent. BTW if anyone is in the Tampa area, and wants drinking buddy, I guess I am now available.
30675, RE: So much for that...
Posted by eclipse982nrRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
eh that sucks.
30676, RE: So much for that...
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry to hear that bro. Only time will tell...in the meantime don't let it drag you down and if getting shitfaced for a couple weeks/weekends helps...then by all means imo.
30677, RE: So much for that...
Posted by ScreaminE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was supposed to be engaged by this time too according to me and my ex's plans all through college. After 4 years she pretty much decided she was done with us and she moved on pretty quick.

I know its tough, but everything happens for a reason and in the end you both will be happier no matter what happens. Hang in there.
30680, RE: So much for that...
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Eh, sorry to hear it but at least she had the respect to tell you now before you got married.

The Fuck her attitude is for children anyway. It could have been worse later on.
30686, RE: So much for that...
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I appreciate it, fellas. I think it's for another woman, though. (Yes, commence the small dick jokes) I just wish she'd tell me if that was the case, though.

Edit:
(BTW, I just found this, it gave me a good chuckle.)

30689, RE: So much for that...
Posted by 95eclipse420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this man. I know it's hard when someone you love and care about leaves you, it hurts deep inside; And it is never a time for fuck you's and jokes of any kind. There really isn't anything that any of us can say to make this better; but even still, we are here for you bro. I hope things get better for you.
-Bryan
30688, RE: So much for that...
Posted by totaleklipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Eh, sorry to hear it but at least she had the respect to tell you now before you got married.

as one famous 2gnt'er said "only jesus himself spoke truer words, and they crucified his ass"
Better now than 3-4 years down the road. Divorce is messy, and it sucks major balls.
30691, RE: So much for that...
Posted by slowmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Well, I suppose I was a bit premature. My fiancee told me last night she is leaving, back for St. Louis. Saying she isn't ready for this sort of thing...I took the day off of work and now I'm getting (already am completely) plowed. (Before you flame me, realise that she and I still care for each other. To what degree of each, i do not know. Nor does it matter...so try to keep the "fuck her" type comments to a minimum.) I know it probably seems childish and high school-esque, but we've been together nearly five years; and I really want it to work; but, iI just want her to be happy. Guess I just needed to vent. BTW if anyone is in the Tampa area, and wants drinking buddy, I guess I am now available.

I'm going through the exact same thing dude. I almost wish she'd make me hate her...seems easier. She just doesn't want to live where I want to live. 4 years down the crapper but like everyone else already said...at least it happened sooner rather than later.

:(
30694, RE: So much for that...
Posted by goalie40, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I moved my chick from her parents over 3 years ago It was hard on her. Two huge fights she almost left. But I let her know I was the person for her, and she was the one for me. I dont know the type of relationship you have. But when you guys talk JUST SPEAK YOUR MIND. dont sugar coat anything. When we started doing that everything I mean everything got better. We still fight, sure after 4 years thats life. Difference being they last about 10 min now. We say what we have to say not holding anything back. And once its over its over, water under the bridge.
30703, RE: So much for that...
Posted by dsmtuner1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by goalie40
I moved my chick from her parents over 3 years ago It was hard on her. Two huge fights she almost left. But I let her know I was the person for her, and she was the one for me. I dont know the type of relationship you have. But when you guys talk JUST SPEAK YOUR MIND. dont sugar coat anything. When we started doing that everything I mean everything got better. We still fight, sure after 4 years thats life. Difference being they last about 10 min now. We say what we have to say not holding anything back. And once its over its over, water under the bridge.

Hey, Newly-Wed here. We dated 5 yrs before getting married though, and although this relationship is almost perfect I was in a messy relationship prior to this and got dumped after 3 years of sacrifice, so I feel your hurt, and time will heal it. She may even be testing your commitment to this, prior to making a life-long commitment of her own. Just keep this in mind, if she married you with doubts then they would fester and maybe cause more problems in the future like previously posted. She may be waiting for you to do that one thing or go that extra mile to know how much you care and if all else fails its never in vain. A man needs the comfort of knowing and not regreting. I wish the best for you whether or not you getting back together or not is better, is not my place to say, but i wish for whichever will be better in the long run.
30707, RE: So much for that...
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by slowmitsu
I'm going through the exact same thing dude. I almost wish she'd make me hate her...seems easier. She just doesn't want to live where I want to live. 4 years down the crapper but like everyone else already said...at least it happened sooner rather than later. :(

Sometimes, when they say, "It's not you, it's me," they're dead on. ;)

PS - I am nothing like any of the characters in "Closer."

Always look on the bright side of life. The glass is neither half full, nor half empty. The glass is either engineered wrong or you need to put more ice in it. :P

Press on regardless.
30708, RE: So much for that...
Posted by ScreaminE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, when they say, "It's not you, it's me," they're dead on. ;) Press on regardless.

Right on big D. When I took a step back and looked at the situation I was in, I realized how sane I was and how messed up she was (due to her family).

And when they get all the crazy romance destiny mombo jumbo, tell her this is real life, not the fucking Notebook.

I generated this page in 0.011037111282349 seconds, executing 7 queries.