Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectHere in Iraq...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=30655
30655, Here in Iraq...
Posted by shazow1969, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey all Checking in again from Sunny Baghdad. Missing my weekend cruises in Bonnie (damn it was fun just taking off for Daytona or Atlanta at will). As I sit here I can't help the strange feeling of Deja Vue (sp). Knowing just 3 years ago I was here for the first time, wishing that had been my last time. But hey Life goes on right. Those of you who are military and have been here know all too well what I am talking about.

On to better news Started ordering parts for my current project. This is a bunch of fun, planning the build, starting the process of collecting the parts, etc... So that while I'm on R&R this summer I can get her bolted together and running and to the body shop for a fresh make over.

But part of the reason I came on here was to ask you guys, My friends, a small favor... Some of my fellow soldiers aren't as lucky to have people at home to send them care packages. If any of you are interested in helping out PM me and I'll pm you back mailing info. Or maybe you guys want to put together a huge box of goodies for all of us to share that would be cool too. Just PM me either way. Thanks in Advance guys, and if any of you guys are out enjoying a drink this weekend, pour one out for me.

Oh yeah and any of you guys out in Springfield, MO you might see Bonnie cruising around. My cousin is taking good care of her while I am gone.

-Kevin
30656, RE: Here in Iraq...
Posted by noboost, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks very much for your service. I know the politicians and media spokesholes like to talk over the voice of the people, but there's lots of us regular Americans that are damn proud of you guys.

My gun club is pretty active in this project- http://projectboresnake.org/
Let me know if its something you guys could use.
30670, RE: Here in Iraq...
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by noboost
but there's lots of us regular Americans that are damn proud of you guys.

You got that right. Thank you sir.

Originally posted by shazow1969
and if any of you guys are out enjoying a drink this weekend, pour one out for me

Consider it done my friend. :cheers
30672, RE: Here in Iraq...
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by shazow1969
Some of my fellow soldiers aren't as lucky to have people at home to send them care packages. If any of you are interested in helping out PM me and I'll pm you back mailing info. Or maybe you guys want to put together a huge box of goodies for all of us to share that would be cool too. Just PM me either way. -Kevin

I'm going to talk to the site staff and see if we can put something together from 2GNT.com to you guys. Y'all deserve it.
30678, RE: Here in Iraq...
Posted by 99atxdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hell, we got plenty of junk food and snacks onboard I could probably hook you guys up with for a package or something. Might even get there sooner..just a bit south and in the water from you guys...if you had heard anything about two objects trying occupy the same space at the same time and failing miserably, that would be us.

30696, RE: Here in Iraq...
Posted by goalie40, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im a contractor for the 25id in Hawaii Pm me some addies.
30715, RE: Here in Iraq...
Originally posted by noboost
Thanks very much for your service. I know the politicians and media spokesholes like to talk over the voice of the people, but there's lots of us regular Americans that are damn proud of you guys. My gun club is pretty active in this project- http://projectboresnake.org/ Let me know if its something you guys could use.

Man that thing is freaking sweet. It absolutely would be used like crazy.

Originally posted by DarkOne
Originally posted by shazow1969 Some of my fellow soldiers aren't as lucky to have people at home to send them care packages. If any of you are interested in helping out PM me and I'll pm you back mailing info. Or maybe you guys want to put together a huge box of goodies for all of us to share that would be cool too. Just PM me either way. -Kevin
I'm going to talk to the site staff and see if we can put something together from 2GNT.com to you guys. Y'all deserve it.

Thanks Dino. And we really Appreciate the support.

-Kevin
32897, RE: Here in Iraq...Update
So hey everyone last week marked 6 months deployed and I have to say it's going by pretty fast. I get to take leave next month and I simply can't wait. It's not as bad here this time as I remember from OIF 3. There has been a hand fun of down right shitty days. One of the guys I work with died last week. Man it's not fun knowing a guy you work with isn't there any more.

Well I'll try to log on here more often to keep you all updated on how things are going over here.

Update on My Eclipse. She runs great and drives pretty good too (my cousin is car sitting). I'll be installing a home built turbo kit while I am home on R&R as well as my Mega squirt and some 28# injectors from another project.

So I gotta get going

-Kevin
32898, RE: Here in Iraq...Update
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey man, stay safe out there. Sorry to hear about your friend.
32936, RE: Here in Iraq...Update
Posted by shuwa29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey man, i was there in 06-07 so at least things are somewhat better now than 3 years ago. if you need anything let us know. i'm limited being in germany but i can still hit the bx/px for you. again, just let us know and be safe.

later
I generated this page in 0.015074968338013 seconds, executing 7 queries.