Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectpaintball
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=296
296, paintball
Posted by kyeclipseracer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Who here plays paintball? What is your setup? Where do you play?
297, RE: paintball
Posted by injendsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i used to play back in middle school/high school, for about 6 years. i stopped once i got in college but im looking to start back again cause its so much fun and a great way to release stress. i had 3 different setups during that time span. i started out with a spyder sonix with a modified trigger, 14" barrel, and some special porting that i did to allow the bolt to come back quicker for faster shooting. my next gun was a tippmann 98 custom with a custom reactive trigger mod, 16" barrel, and some other stuff i cant remember. the last gun that i had was a 2k3 vert autococker which i didnt really do anything too great to it because i got it not that long before i stopped playing. im looking to get one of wgp's newer markers, the autococker pro series i think it is. they look to be close to as good as regular cockers but at a much lower cost.
310, RE: paintball
Posted by talonguy2005, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I did play, but someone recently stole all my paintball stuff. I'm gonna be buying a new gun soon.
313, RE: paintball
Posted by SonicYan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I tried to get into it. A little expensive. Was fun though. I just have a Spyder Xtra.
317, RE: paintball
Originally posted by SonicYan
I tried to get into it. A little expensive. Was fun though. I just have a Spyder Xtra.

it is expensive which is a big reason why i stopped because it was either cars or paintball and ive been into cars since i was a very little kid so it was a no-brainer.
322, RE: paintball
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm looking to get into paintball, because a bunch of my buddies play. I'd like a tippman 98 custom, or an a5, with a flatline barrel and a remote tank. I don't think I'll mod it much past that. But who knows, I might get into it more than I think I'm going to.
333, RE: paintball
Posted by HipHop615, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wanna paintball but dont know much about it for the time being I airsoft
347, RE: paintball
Posted by 2point4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i play, my buddy has four guns and i use whatever he's not. he's got a jt gun, an old school pump, tippman 98 custom, and a tippman a-5. sick toys i tell ya. the best is right around dusk. we play in a little field hidden in a residential district. but it's got alot of trees and small bunker setups. people have been playing in this spot for years. oh, playing by the river's cool also.
361, RE: paintball
Posted by eclpsmoneypit95, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used to play all the time back in the day. (It was an upgrade from bb guns) We played in the woods behind my house and we had two forts set up that were about 1/4 mile away from each other and we would play capture the flag. good times had by all. Just dont play in the winter because the paintballs tend to solidify and they dont exactly break when they hit you. i.e. - it hurts a lot.
384, RE: paintball
Posted by jsupetran, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How much does the sport usually run? I'm finished with school so.... Job equals more fun time :P
407, RE: paintball
Originally posted by jsupetran
How much does the sport usually run? I'm finished with school so.... Job equals more fun time :P

it all depends on the field and whether or not you bring your own equipment. some fields charge 10 bucks or so to play all day and then you gotta factor in some money for rental equipment, ie. marker, hopper, mask, etc; as well as the cost of paint since a lot of fields dont allow you to use any paint but their own so you can expect to pay 20-60 bucks for that depending on how much you intend to shoot.
411, RE: paintball
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i used to play once a week back in the day...woods games bored me, i played alot of speedball. My setup was a Bob Long Defiant w/ 4500 psi Armageddon Compressed Air tank, Revolution hopper etc, so forth. I was good at getting them things to run perfect, i had one that no matter how fast you shot it, it would not chop a single ball...without a sensor. I also used a Phantom Pump on the same air setup when i was bored....made for fun speed ball...i actually got the same amount of kills with less balls on that, and it really helped my pop shots.

Good times, good times...i wanna get back in, but i spent so long with the defiant i couldn't settle for less, so i am looking at alot of ching to get back in.
425, RE: paintball
Posted by CarbonFiberRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I havn't played in a year or so... I had an angel and sold it. I kept my autococker. Its an ANS GEN-X 4 with an e-blade 1. Nexus ram. alluminum pump arm. slik lightweight block and bolt blah blah blah... Yea its expensive as shit. I'd played alot more when I had a spyder... but then I started spending more on the markers and that left less money to actually play... kinda like with my car, dumped so much into it and now it stays fucked up. But paintball is hella fun and gets a good adrenaline rush going.

My first marker was a spyder compact p then i got an automag then autococker then an angel.
454, RE: paintball
Posted by BuckNutty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i started on a Montneel Designs Z-1, then onto a Model 98, Tippmann F/A, AutoMag (pimped like whoa, i had the thing able to operate on under 200 psi and still shoot 290 fps), then i got the Defiant and the Phantom.

The only gun i never messed with was the cocker...too many parts, lol.
507, RE: paintball
Posted by CarbonFiberRST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BuckNutty
The only gun i never messed with was the cocker...too many parts, lol.

haha, electro cockers are awesome though... I rebuilt mine completely and it was suprisingly simple, Now one that doesn't have the electronics is a PITA! Timing that shit... I don't even want to think about it.
1455, RE: paintball
Posted by Sitinlo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im shooting a blue polished dm4 with virtue chip and a pump cocker. the dm4 has a reloader b and crossfire 70 4500 stubby it shoots about 25bps
1460, RE: paintball
Posted by midnitetill678, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Tipman A-5 w/ electronic re-active trigger, nitro, a few other little mods; ya thats right nawwwwwws for my gun. still play from time to time.

1466, RE: paintball
Posted by GreenRicer, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yea, recently got back into it, I just love the sport too much that I couldn't stay away from it for too long! I'm shootin' a Automag RT with X-valve, level 10 upgrade, as well as an intelliframe grip and double trigger. My back-up is my 98 Custom with double trigger, drop forward, 14" barrel, and both are powered by nitrogen :D Anyone playin in VA shoot me a PM, always looking for more people
1469, RE: paintball
Posted by ashaleenicole, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I used to play paintball with my brother all the time, I cant remember what kind of guns he had, I think it was the name of some underwater creature. Stingray? Some kind of animal or something.

If you really end up playing in VA, let me know, im southern MD and I would love to play again. I just need to get a gun.

Right now I just have two cheap pellet guns from WalMart but they get me in my fair share of trouble.
1471, RE: paintball
Posted by youkickedmydog, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I play at some feild over in western sj. Its pretty coll its got some speed ball courses and some woods. Also its 40 bucks to play all day and that inclueds free air or c02.

I have 2 setups, 1 is an a-5 with an egrip, drop foward w/ on off valve, aci gas through grip,14" lapco big shot.

My second is a spyder imagen... the only thing factory with this gun is the frame. The best part is I only shot it once.
1473, RE: paintball
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This is what I use...

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/razorback.asp
1505, RE: paintball
Originally posted by WIDECLIPSE
This is what I use... http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/razorback.asp

i want one of those so bad.
1509, RE: paintball
Posted by SonicYan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Does anyone know if its illegal to bring one of these on an airplane? Like if I check it in and it'll be in the cargo hold or something like that? I plan on bringing it with me when I go overseas this coming March. Any ideas?
I generated this page in 0.015509843826294 seconds, executing 7 queries.