Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=261&mesg_id=458
458, RE: So who here drinks Guinness?
Posted by Keith2172, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm going to try not to give you guys too much crap for drinking Guiness, but I will say that you are only hurting yourself for drinking it and believing you're at the top. GUINESS IS THE POOR MANS STOUT!!! There are so many places to go from here, but the good news is that if you've got a taste for the Stout then you'll be pleasently surprised with where it will take you. The next time you are walking down the aisle of the local shopping market I suggest you keep your eyes peeled for the following, ranked in order of tastiness;

- Sierra Nevada Stout: it's a good fall back, better than Guiness (side note the Soerra Nevada Porter is quite tasty as well)

- Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout: delicious and thick, kinda sweet, deep roasted flavor. Always a crowd pleaser, makes lesser men gawk at how slow it flows from the bottle :P (side note: Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale is delicious as well, if you're not in the mood for a stout then get this, it's like a top-shelf Newcastle)

- Anderson Flats Boontville Oatmeal Stout: This is one of the finest microbrew stouts I've had ever, ranks #2 if for no other reason then it's difficulty to obtain. You will most likely not find this brew unless you are from Northern to Central California, as it's brewed somewhere around Pismo (anything from this brewer is gold, get it as soon as you see the words 'Anderson Flats')

- Obesidian Stout: This was at one point the only reason I left the house, there was a little pub down the way from my home that'd sell it from the tap, so I took full advantage of $2 Tuesdays. That pub recently changed ownership and the Obesidian was removed from the list (fucking prissy sports bar punks) so I am left without the sweet nectar that was once my driving force. I have been fortunate to have drank from the goblet of God, while at the same time crushed by the now absence of my guiding light. If ever you find this stout STOCK UP FOR LIFE! Do not take chances, load your cellar, get a pack mule to help you carry it all, I don't care whats neccesary, just by enough to last till you no longer have breathe in your body. (side note: you can literally live off the nutrients found in this beer, a man was stranded in the Andes for three months and had enough, that lucky bastard, to live off nothing but Obesidian Stout till help arrived)

I generated this page in 0.0086750984191895 seconds, executing 6 queries.