Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=24681&mesg_id=24732
24732, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by totaleklipse97
sorry to burst your bubble but i can almost bet your not making 300whp on just a 16g and a couple supporting mods. And your the one bitching about how little traction you get with your FWD GS-T. Don't come around here with your 4g63 elitist prick syndrome cause you know better man. And im willing to bet anyone here $100 that whodatt's car would smoke the shit outta ur lil gs-t off the line and down the track. If you want to prove me wrong bring your ass to the shootout.

Not to side with the enemy, but a 16g with supporting mods will pretty easily make 300 whp if tuned reasonably well at all. 16G's are readily capable of mid 11-second quarter mile times on a stock motor for reference.

I respect the hell out of the 2.6 and the work that was done by whoever to get it done. We have zero proof that CK has a fast car, and Shamu hasn't really done a whole lot to this point wither except be a 2.6 that is unique (although it is getting there apparently). Bench racing Shamu vs. anything is really kind of absurd since it's all hypothetical. When I see the dyno chart for 400 whp and I see the 12 second timeslip, I'll high five everyone and be happy for all involved, but until then, being bitter about CK having a valid point (although presented in an asshole manner) makes all involved look silly.

It would be nice to have Shamu lead by example for the community as opposed to just being a new topic for the the bench racing that has in the past tarnished the image of some 2GNT. I really think most members here are good people, but sometimes I feel like the extreme underlying agenda to prove something to the "asshole 4g people" clouds the collective judgement of the board. A 2.6 litre engine can make huge power numbers especially a fully built one, but let's let the car actually do it before christening it the community's saviour.

My view is that 2GNT is too often all talk and no action. Let's not let this car turn into that.

Oh and Aaron, you know I'm not directing this specifically at you. I am just commenting on this thread in general. You're good in my book.

And, some of us 4g assholes can at least talk in a civilized manor. I love the 2GNT platform simply because I love when people love their cars. A lot of people here fall directly into that category.
I generated this page in 0.010262966156006 seconds, executing 6 queries.