Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectSweat, blood, tears, cussing... (Shamu revisited)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=24681
24681, Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... (Shamu revisited)
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Bumped to share with the newer guys.

The recent Shamu thread saw a lot of decent guys getting all bent about different things. As you read through this thread, you'll learn a lot about Shamu and why controversy and drama have almost always surrounded it. The thread is going to stay locked.

There's a lot of names in this thread that are missed to this date. For the new guys with a bad taste in their mouths, take a look at how CK handled himself. Have you seen him around lately? Just look at how he handled himself in the face of adversity. Not well.

Well, as you new guys can see, you're not the first to get chewed in a Shamu thread, so don't take anything personally. It just tends to happen.

Shamu is one of those cars that stands out as memorable in our community. Love it or hate it (or the guys who have owned it), it's not going anywhere. Stick around and share the info next time someone asks about it.

That is all.

-B

Well as promised here is the update on old Shamu....
after receiving her late in the summer and driving her to the S.O where varius problems were noted. she was left at ERT for some work (2 whole months worth of work) in a quick summary this was done:
- Head taken out and resurfaced, headgasket re-done.
-oil pan capacity increased (only held 3 qts) and oil leaks fixed
-timing fixed
-badly shaved Gude cams and its shims(more like washers of differnt sizes) removed and replaced with stockers.
-venom intake manifold and nitrus lines removed and replaced with stock manifold.
-rebuilt turbo
-changed location of wideband sensor to provide acurate readings.
-exhaust leaks fixed
-Sfmu disks alingned right to steady fuel pressure.

Well after all that work she ran much, better but still would choak at WOT.

2 Days at the Dyno...
While tuning her noticed some things:
-1 injector not firing (turns out to be the ECU is busted) still she put down 162hp and 213 torque on 3 cylinders.
-After ECU replacement and Profec-E connected correctly we can finally boost 16psi!
-DYNO PULL #30 on sunday night at 16psi(last one of the day).. she pulls 304HP and over 350Trq! A/F toward the lean side, seems she maxed out the 440's. time to swap them for the 550's. Timing advance was around 19-21 throughout all the pulls.
Graph to come (left it at home).

A huge THANKS to the guys at ERT (Steve, Mike and Chris) thanks for all your work guys. I trully appreciate it.
thanks to Dino for helping with a few questions.
thanks to Brynden for helping with certain installation questions that needed answering.

She still needs a bunch of work but atleast she made me smile on sunday! who knows I might keep her afterall!!
24682, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by Initial DSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Megasquirt.
24683, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by grain, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
send all 2.6 engines to zip code 33948.
24684, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by FlyinEsi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
congrats dude, I hope it all turns around for you. I would love to see that motor turn into something massive.
24685, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by CrazyEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Keep us updated and get us sum pics. :thumbsup
24686, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by HybriDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Are those injectors on an 8 injector setup?

Also, awesome news to hear it's running well now. Doing it right once and for all is a nice feeling. Congrats. Get it to the SO this year for some in person showing off :thumbsup
24687, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
lol, for now she's running 4 injectors sfmu and a super loud aeromotive fuel pump. that will all change to an 8 injector set up or the MS. we will see. after some more tuning she will mostlikely sleep for the winter to rest for the rest of the upgrades she will need in the spring.
including...
AXLES!!!,fuel system, downpipe, cams, porting intake mani, bigger throttle boddy, and if i win the lottery Hahn FMIC and bigger intake pipes.
24688, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Badass dude! That's awsome. I wanna see shamu rock out at the shootout. :7
24689, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by etx
Badass dude! That's awsome. I wanna see shamu rock out at the shootout. :7

lol yeah me too maybe this time it will be me with the snapped axle :)
24690, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by etx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by whodatt1
Originally posted by etx Badass dude! That's awsome. I wanna see shamu rock out at the shootout. :7
lol yeah me too maybe this time it will be me with the snapped axle :)

Better you than me! ;) I'll hopefully have a nice set buy then.
24691, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
I think with the MS and Mr Slicks new spark setup you dont need the 97 ecu?
24692, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
damn, I guess whoever had it before didn't know how to care for it.
24693, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by DSMRoadster

You dont know Brynden? :)
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=183739&mesg_id=183739&page=&topic_page=1
24694, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by brynden29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

:rolleyes

Hopefully that was a lame attempt at humor.
24695, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by DSMRoadster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't think it was that lame 11psi on a fully built 2.6L man.
24696, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Damn dOod, 300 whp is pretty nice imo.

why stock cams? megasquirt sounds pretty impressive too.

i'm sure you could roll another 100 whp with cams, fuel and more boost.

very impressive though.

24697, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
cams were replaced with stockers cus I had no $$ left for better ones at the time. the Gude ones in the car had been shaven wrong and the shims were acutally just plain washers, so that set up had to go.
Most of the work was done at ARD in texas and just about everything that they touched has needed to be replaced or fixed.
24698, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
cams were replaced with stockers cus I had no $$ left for better ones at the time. the Gude ones in the car had been shaven wrong and the shims were acutally just plain washers, so that set up had to go. Most of the work was done at ARD in texas and just about everything that they touched has needed to be replaced or fixed.

could you please take eleventybillion pics and post them up? this car is the ultimate CBCC :)
24699, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Blizare
Damn dOod, 300 whp is pretty nice imo. why stock cams? megasquirt sounds pretty impressive too. i'm sure you could roll another 100 whp with cams, fuel and more boost. very impressive though.

the cams in it were trashed....

get R done man! i wanna see it running better at the shootout next year.
24700, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by Remy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sounds like a.r.d did more harm then good. I know Brynden spent a fortune on that motor for nothing.

Good luck Whoodat.

WWW.CNNMOTORSPORTS.COM
24701, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by vegasdsmr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice!!! good numbers.... more fuel and 20+psi should yeild 450+torque..... lotsa fun on the highway
24702, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea, i was going to ask you about that whodatt. i remember talking at like 3 in the morning about that car at the S.o.

why did you drop the intake mani?

glad everything was worked out, and the car is actually running right now. very cool. i cant wait to see it next SO now!

24703, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by chrysler kid, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
sorry, i think its funny. probably over 7grand in the motor and it only puts down 300whp.
24704, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by My99eclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yea, but thats only at 16psi...your 16g isnt putting down close to that number...give him time...i bet with more tuning, better fuel setup he'll see 400hp with no problems..
24705, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by totaleklipse97, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by My99eclipseRS
yea, but thats only at 16psi...your 16g isnt putting down close to that number...give him time...i bet with more tuning, better fuel setup he'll see 400hp with no problems..

that t3/t4E with ball bearings has a hell of alot more potential that what he is putting down right now. That motor was built to be indestructable and with what i see so far it's held up to alot of shit and still going strong. 16 psi is just a start and all that is left on this car is some good fuel tuning and dyno time. 400whp is definately do-able.

my car will sound like, bumbabumbubavrooooooooooooooomrooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhh, kishhhhhh
www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=643
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing
24706, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by totaleklipse97
that t3/t4E with ball bearings

no ball bearings aaron, its a regular turbo engineering t3/04e

24707, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by My99eclipseRS

400hp or not, he can still say his motor is one-of-a-kind and you sure as hell can't, chrysler kid. not to mention a 2.6 will make torque numbers our 2.0s can only dream of.
24708, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by a_miller_76, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
Originally posted by My99eclipseRS yea, but thats only at 16psi...your 16g isnt putting down close to that number...give him time...i bet with more tuning, better fuel setup he'll see 400hp with no problems..
400hp or not, he can still say his motor is one-of-a-kind and you sure as hell can't, chrysler kid. not to mention a 2.6 will make torque numbers our 2.0s can only dream of.

Actually if CK had the money he could put a 2.7 in his car. Someone bores and strokes 4g64's for swaps to GST's and GSX's
24709, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thats awesome dude. Great job bringing her back up to par. I loved that 2.6 at the shootout but it was a shame it wasn't running correctly. So I wanna see this thing representing what 2gnt's can do this year at the Shootout. Keep up the good work :thumbsup
24710, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by Joshua97478, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Electromotive tec3 imo....
24711, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
lemme know when a fwd car can use low end torque hehehe
24712, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by chrysler kid

when he has drag slicks and the quaife diff that he has.

my car will sound like, bumbabumbubavrooooooooooooooomrooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhh, kishhhhhh
VW= The joy of driving
24713, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by Z87RSMan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
God, what $7K could net for my 4.6...

It's original, I'll give you that. Good luck.
24714, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by widebodied, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Z87RSMan
God, what $7K could net for my 4.6... It's original, I'll give you that. Good luck.

hopefully better than a 14.7, but no better than a 11.7( gotta take into consideration- blown motors, busted rearends, shot heads and constantly being Fucked On Race Day!) :order

yeah, those of us who are immune to the "2gnt" curse. Curse is a joke, if you have it, it's cuz you have no clue how to play the game.

DISCLAIMER: Some of what I say may upset you, make you cry, or even make you consider suicide. I am not responsible for how your sensitive punk ass decides to take it

The official 2GNT EGO Wrecker
24715, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by 97whitESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Z87RSMan
God, what $7K could net for my 4.6... It's original, I'll give you that. Good luck.

7K is 12's....
and that 7k includes buying the 5.0 notch....
24716, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
and after that 2.6 is tuned and in good form is should definately be in the 12's to say the least.

VW= The joy of driving
24717, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
and after that 2.6 is tuned and in good form is should definately be in the 12's to say the least.

$7k could make a 1g go in the 9's, to say the least
24718, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by 10.5OUTLAW, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by widebodied
Originally posted by Z87RSMan God, what $7K could net for my 4.6... It's original, I'll give you that. Good luck.
hopefully better than a 14.7, but no better than a 11.7( gotta take into consideration- blown motors, busted rearends, shot heads and constantly being Fucked On Race Day!) :order

hahahaha

:brokeoff
:owned
24719, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by 1998EclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Dooooshbag.

Its cool because its a motor that used to suck. And now it doesn't

Stop sucking.
24720, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by brynden29, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It's all good guys. It is just CK. He is harmless. You think that you are the first to say something like that? Sorry kid, not even close. Bottom line, the motor has more displacement than yours and makes more power than yours. On race day after getting beat are you going to cry "but he spent more on his motor than me!!!"

Nope, you are going to accept that fact that you got rolled by a 420A. And all your 4G63 girlfriends will have to kick you out of the club. :)

Deal with it.
24721, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by BigBald, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
haha...well at least it is running good and more then 11psi. I am just curious as to howw this was devised and turned out the way it did. You would think something this expensive and extensive would have been thought out alot better. Anyway, congrats on getting it in running order. I would definastely look into some sort of stand alone if i were you with that thing. I can't see running anything but a standlone. I would also pick up some nice size injectors.
24722, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Here is the dyno sheet.
it got pretty lean there between 4k and 5k rpm. then she was just about perfect. we could not richen that spot though, but the rest of the rpm range we were taking fuel out. pretty strange... more testing to come as soon as the ECU arrives!

thanks Brynden for hosting.
24723, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Is this pump or race gas? I wouldn't go higher then 11.5:1 on pump...you are living alittle dangerous there aren't you? That lean spot is kind of too lean imo.
24724, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by BigBald
Is this pump or race gas? I wouldn't go higher then 11.5:1 on pump...you are living alittle dangerous there aren't you? That lean spot is kind of too lean imo.

92 octane. sweet spot is 12.5:1.
yeah the lean part is pretty lean. still trying to figure out why it goes soo lean there and then levels out almost perfect after. we can't add any more fuel at the 4-k rpm range but where its nice and straight we are still taking fuel out.
we will see.

as far as the 306hp well that does not concern me. the motor was built for torque. that is where it shines, we will see what it will do after I get the ecu and we can continue tuning with bigger injectors.
24725, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by brynden29
It's all good guys. It is just CK. He is harmless. You think that you are the first to say something like that? Sorry kid, not even close. Bottom line, the motor has more displacement than yours and makes more power than yours. On race day after getting beat are you going to cry "but he spent more on his motor than me!!!" Nope, you are going to accept that fact that you got rolled by a 420A. And all your 4G63 girlfriends will have to kick you out of the club. :) Deal with it.

hahah hes going to need another 7grand in the motor to beat me if hes only putting down 306whp. by the time he stops wheel hopping ill be to far ahead to catch.

im not saying its a bad motor, it is unique but so far the car has never put down anything close to the amount the was put into it. my cars not unique, and ive only spent about $800 in performance parts. if having a bland daily driven performance car that puts down the same hp as a unique track car makes me jealous, woooooo consider me jealous.

please excuse my cocky attitude through this whole thread, it takes dedication to make a car such as bryndens and to make a car like dr1165. me, i will probably never be dedicated like that, hell i hate my car when it brakes down, i actually whipped my dick out and peed on the engine when the timing belt broke. i admire the amount of dedication and effort put into the car, but ther eis no way in hell i would ever do it with any car i own. people on this site build their motors and spend over 4grand on turbo kits just to get 300whp, that takes dedication and hard work, which again is something ill never do. ill first admit to being a jew with my money, i could never rationalize spending every paycheck on my car

24726, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hahah hes going to need another 7grand in the motor to beat me if hes only putting down 306whp.

Nevermind over 350ft/lbs of torque in a car lighter than yours.
24727, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by chrysler kidi actually whipped my dick out and peed on the engine when the timing belt broke.

I suppose that you also changed the timing belt yourself? How was the smell of cooked urine while working on it? lol.
24728, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by brynden29 It's all good guys. It is just CK. He is harmless. You think that you are the first to say something like that? Sorry kid, not even close. Bottom line, the motor has more displacement than yours and makes more power than yours. On race day after getting beat are you going to cry "but he spent more on his motor than me!!!" Nope, you are going to accept that fact that you got rolled by a 420A. And all your 4G63 girlfriends will have to kick you out of the club. :) Deal with it.
hahah hes going to need another 7grand in the motor to beat me if hes only putting down 306whp. by the time he stops wheel hopping ill be to far ahead to catch. im not saying its a bad motor, it is unique but so far the car has never put down anything close to the amount the was put into it. my cars not unique, and ive only spent about $800 in performance parts. if having a bland daily driven performance car that puts down the same hp as a unique track car makes me jealous, woooooo consider me jealous. please excuse my cocky attitude through this whole thread, it takes dedication to make a car such as bryndens and to make a car like dr1165. me, i will probably never be dedicated like that, hell i hate my car when it brakes down, i actually whipped my dick out and peed on the engine when the timing belt broke. i admire the amount of dedication and effort put into the car, but ther eis no way in hell i would ever do it with any car i own. people on this site build their motors and spend over 4grand on turbo kits just to get 300whp, that takes dedication and hard work, which again is something ill never do. ill first admit to being a jew with my money, i could never rationalize spending every paycheck on my car

sorry to burst your bubble but i can almost bet your not making 300whp on just a 16g and a couple supporting mods. And your the one bitching about how little traction you get with your FWD GS-T. Don't come around here with your 4g63 elitist prick syndrome cause you know better man. And im willing to bet anyone here $100 that whodatt's car would smoke the shit outta ur lil gs-t off the line and down the track. If you want to prove me wrong bring your ass to the shootout.

VW= The joy of driving
24729, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by brynden29 It's all good guys. It is just CK. He is harmless. You think that you are the first to say something like that? Sorry kid, not even close. Bottom line, the motor has more displacement than yours and makes more power than yours. On race day after getting beat are you going to cry "but he spent more on his motor than me!!!" Nope, you are going to accept that fact that you got rolled by a 420A. And all your 4G63 girlfriends will have to kick you out of the club. :) Deal with it.
hahah hes going to need another 7grand in the motor to beat me if hes only putting down 306whp. by the time he stops wheel hopping ill be to far ahead to catch. im not saying its a bad motor, it is unique but so far the car has never put down anything close to the amount the was put into it. my cars not unique, and ive only spent about $800 in performance parts. if having a bland daily driven performance car that puts down the same hp as a unique track car makes me jealous, woooooo consider me jealous. please excuse my cocky attitude through this whole thread, it takes dedication to make a car such as bryndens and to make a car like dr1165. me, i will probably never be dedicated like that, hell i hate my car when it brakes down, i actually whipped my dick out and peed on the engine when the timing belt broke. i admire the amount of dedication and effort put into the car, but ther eis no way in hell i would ever do it with any car i own. people on this site build their motors and spend over 4grand on turbo kits just to get 300whp, that takes dedication and hard work, which again is something ill never do. ill first admit to being a jew with my money, i could never rationalize spending every paycheck on my car
sorry to burst your bubble but i can almost bet your not making 300whp on just a 16g and a couple supporting mods. And your the one bitching about how little traction you get with your FWD GS-T. Don't come around here with your 4g63 elitist prick syndrome cause you know better man. And im willing to bet anyone here $100 that whodatt's car would smoke the shit outta ur lil gs-t off the line and down the track. If you want to prove me wrong bring your ass to the shootout. my car will sound like, bumbabumbubavrooooooooooooooomrooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhh, kishhhhhh www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=643 VW= The joy of driving DSM= The frustration of fixing

uh oh....take him up on the challenge CK. You speak like you nice on the track...show what 16g power is all about...lol.

24730, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
sorry to burst your bubble but i can almost bet your not making 300whp on just a 16g and a couple supporting mods. And your the one bitching about how little traction you get with your FWD GS-T. Don't come around here with your 4g63 elitist prick syndrome cause you know better man. And im willing to bet anyone here $100 that whodatt's car would smoke the shit outta ur lil gs-t off the line and down the track. If you want to prove me wrong bring your ass to the shootout. my car will sound like, bumbabumbubavrooooooooooooooomrooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhh, kishhhhhh www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=643 VW= The joy of driving DSM= The frustration of fixing
uh oh....take him up on the challenge CK. You speak like you nice on the track...show what 16g power is all about...lol.

lmao! oh noes dont bitch up now ck

yeah, those of us who are immune to the "2gnt" curse. Curse is a joke, if you have it, it's cuz you have no clue how to play the game.

DISCLAIMER: Some of what I say may upset you, make you cry, or even make you consider suicide. I am not responsible for how your sensitive punk ass decides to take it

24731, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
sorry to burst your bubble but i can almost bet your not making 300whp on just a 16g and a couple supporting mods. And your the one bitching about how little traction you get with your FWD GS-T. Don't come around here with your 4g63 elitist prick syndrome cause you know better man. And im willing to bet anyone here $100 that whodatt's car would smoke the shit outta ur lil gs-t off the line and down the track. If you want to prove me wrong bring your ass to the shootout.

yea CK what's the fastest time you've ran in ur gs-t maybe a 14 something. or did u make it to the track this year.

VW= The joy of driving
24732, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.

Not to side with the enemy, but a 16g with supporting mods will pretty easily make 300 whp if tuned reasonably well at all. 16G's are readily capable of mid 11-second quarter mile times on a stock motor for reference.

I respect the hell out of the 2.6 and the work that was done by whoever to get it done. We have zero proof that CK has a fast car, and Shamu hasn't really done a whole lot to this point wither except be a 2.6 that is unique (although it is getting there apparently). Bench racing Shamu vs. anything is really kind of absurd since it's all hypothetical. When I see the dyno chart for 400 whp and I see the 12 second timeslip, I'll high five everyone and be happy for all involved, but until then, being bitter about CK having a valid point (although presented in an asshole manner) makes all involved look silly.

It would be nice to have Shamu lead by example for the community as opposed to just being a new topic for the the bench racing that has in the past tarnished the image of some 2GNT. I really think most members here are good people, but sometimes I feel like the extreme underlying agenda to prove something to the "asshole 4g people" clouds the collective judgement of the board. A 2.6 litre engine can make huge power numbers especially a fully built one, but let's let the car actually do it before christening it the community's saviour.

My view is that 2GNT is too often all talk and no action. Let's not let this car turn into that.

Oh and Aaron, you know I'm not directing this specifically at you. I am just commenting on this thread in general. You're good in my book.

And, some of us 4g assholes can at least talk in a civilized manor. I love the 2GNT platform simply because I love when people love their cars. A lot of people here fall directly into that category.
24733, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by HybriDSM
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 sorry to burst your bubble but i can almost bet your not making 300whp on just a 16g and a couple supporting mods. And your the one bitching about how little traction you get with your FWD GS-T. Don't come around here with your 4g63 elitist prick syndrome cause you know better man. And im willing to bet anyone here $100 that whodatt's car would smoke the shit outta ur lil gs-t off the line and down the track. If you want to prove me wrong bring your ass to the shootout.
Not to side with the enemy, but a 16g with supporting mods will pretty easily make 300 whp if tuned reasonably well at all. 16G's are readily capable of mid 11-second quarter mile times on a stock motor for reference.

not to take away from anything you have said, cause i respect you quite a bit. but we are speaking of 2 fwd cars with similiar sized turbos. One a 2.6 litre with alot of fuel tuning equipment and completely forged. and another one with stock head and stock bottom 2.0L end capable of close to what the internals found in the 2.6 can hold. one with a nice suspension set up and quaife LSD. Yes i guess you can say benchracing if u choose but i think CK was quite out of line with his comment. Unfortuneately there is the plague that affects both sides of this arguement that you have brought to attention.

VW= The joy of driving
24734, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Good response

True. I was just talking strictly HP numbers. Yes CK made a valid point but not a complete point. You are right as well. Tuned all the way out the built motor will beat the non built. 2.6 will beat 2.0.

My point was, until I see that proof though, it's all moot. That's about it. Rock on Aaron. You're a good guy.
24735, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 Good response
True. I was just talking strictly HP numbers. Yes CK made a valid point but not a complete point. You are right as well. Tuned all the way out the built motor will beat the non built. 2.6 will beat 2.0. My point was, until I see that proof though, it's all moot. That's about it. Rock on Aaron. You're a good guy.

haha thanks benchracing is 2gnt's specialty since we seem to break so easily at the track can't wait for the shootout so i can get a ride in ur car. you left before i knew it and i missed my chance.

VW= The joy of driving
24736, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Nothing to do with cheese.

Well in the next few weeks I'll be getting it dynoed. By next August, it had better be running in tip top shape. You definitely shall get a ride in her since I missed this year's chance.

30-32 PSI on C16 should be fun.
24737, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by Diceman19, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 Nothing to do with cheese.
Well in the next few weeks I'll be getting it dynoed. By next August, it had better be running in tip top shape. You definitely shall get a ride in her since I missed this year's chance. 30-32 PSI on C16 should be fun.

DUDE..... :thumbsup

i want another ride if you are gonna be running that next year. ;-)
24738, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by BlueMoonEclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Uh prety good :) and yes i was soo critical of it running originaly 11 pounds....ARD seems to have really sent a lot of Cash down the drain, instead of using it wisely.....

Ahh i hope shamu lives up to its potential
24739, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by totaleklipse97 Nothing to do with cheese.
Well in the next few weeks I'll be getting it dynoed. By next August, it had better be running in tip top shape. You definitely shall get a ride in her since I missed this year's chance. 30-32 PSI on C16 should be fun.

LOL your car give me whiplash at the shootout. I LOVE IT. In the words of Diceman "DUUUUUUUDE"
24740, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
hahah hes going to need another 7grand in the motor to beat me if hes only putting down 306whp. by the time he stops wheel hopping ill be to far ahead to catch. im not saying its a bad motor, it is unique but so far the car has never put down anything close to the amount the was put into it. my cars not unique, and ive only spent about $800 in performance parts.

fuck, you are just gay. your balls shrink through that whole post. you come out with a round of insults and then starting kissing ass a few sentences later.

...why are you still here? you don't contribute much that I see and you just insult people in the pits. you have a total dickhead comment for 75% of the threads you post in (case in point right here). you have a 4g63, either get off your high horse and act more like FlyinESi or go to tooners.
24741, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Originally posted by BumpinTalon
hahah hes going to need another 7grand in the motor to beat me if hes only putting down 306whp. by the time he stops wheel hopping ill be to far ahead to catch. im not saying its a bad motor, it is unique but so far the car has never put down anything close to the amount the was put into it. my cars not unique, and ive only spent about $800 in performance parts.
fuck, you are just gay. your balls shrink through that whole post. you come out with a round of insults and then starting kissing ass a few sentences later. ...why are you still here? you don't contribute much that I see and you just insult people in the pits. you have a total dickhead comment for 75% of the threads you post in (case in point right here). you have a 4g63, either get off your high horse and act more like FlyinESi or go to tooners.

he forgot his roots and caught a case of "4G63 elitist prick syndrome" ben remember u started tuning here with the rest of us and ur car is no faster than any stage 3 here with a Hahn 16g boosting 15-17psi.
what bothers me more is me and ben have always been kinda cool and i've never really been bothered by what he has said until he put his car up on this pedestol and doesn't quite realize where his car sits in the pecking order.

VW= The joy of driving
24742, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
jeeze quit whining you pussies. i would rag on any car that has 7k in the engine and only makes 306whp. and for the refrence bryndens car probably weighs atleast 500lbs more than mine does. i never said the 4g63 is better, shit i even gave you all props for doing shit i would never do to my car, i would and am selling my car because i simply cant take shit from a 12 year old car that i would call reliable for a year or so before something happens to screw me over.

well i give props to brynden for spending all that money but he never really worked on the car himself. i give more respect to the people on this board who have actually worked on the car and put up with most of the half rigged stuff on it.

and yes i am an asshole, that has never changed. i think i post on this site once a week and contribut ein the 4g63 section. i dont reall ypost on here because most of the "funny threads" on here are inside jokes

as far as my car
i dont give a shit if that car is faster than mine, i was just using it as a refrence point to my case. my car was dyno tuned at 316whp on c16 at 22psi on the big 16g, tuned to 270whp for street use at 17psi because i really dont need to worry about breaking anything else. tracks arent open right now, well atleast the 1/4 isnt.

i wont come to a shoot out, ever, my car would probably never make it there and back without something breaking inbetween. and thus why i dont really care about modding cars anymore and why its now on autotrader

im not being elitist im just sitting back and watching this. you all are offended because he has the same motor you do and think im insulting everyone in the community, well im not, all i ever said is a car with 7k in the engine bay should be putting down more than 306whp

and for the refrence, i would buy another 2gnt and not another 4g63 unless i wanted to make a track or weekend car. imo turbo cars arent the greatest daily drivers, my car is a fucking bitch on cold mornings before it warms up, always wants to pop off hoses when its cold and always creeks and whines on the cold days

eh here is the performance mod list if interested
big 16g ported and clipped
o2 dump
2.5downpipe - 3inch exhaust
greddy big fmic, greddy bov, greddy i/c pipes
rx7 550cc injectors
250lph fuel pump
fpr
safc

24743, RE: Sweat, blood, tears, cussing... The 2.6 Update.
Posted by KaptainMyke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
anybody knows that urinating on the engine while yer pissed off doesn't do anybody any good, Ben.

You gotta take a shit on the dashboard to get the car to behave correctly. :P
24744, WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
wow this got wayyyy off topic quickly!
yeah she only made 306hp. but remember this was on 16psi and its only the begingin of the tuning!@!!!!! ohh and don't forget the main key numbers.. 352torque!!
once the ecu is replaced and the 550's are in there we will see what she does.

so lets not get into a numbers race, this was just an update, as some people were wondering what had happened to the car and what not. Lets just keep it at that.
24745, RE: WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
Posted by soulcontroller, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think its pretty sweet.

there is a little more involved than bolting on bigger injectors and a fuel pump :) with our cars.

keep the updates comin whodatt, i remember talkin about all this stuff at the shootout haha. glad to see it coming to fruition.

im really suprised that car even ran the way it did in ohio. you drove it a long way in really un-driveable condition :o sweet though yo!
24746, RE: WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
I hope no one took my comments as demeaning the car. I think is has every bit of potential as a built 2.6 with a huge turbo should. I fully expect it to make big power numbers.

I was just warning people from the whole bench racing thing that started up.

Best of luck with the car. It's gonna be a sick beast.
24747, RE: WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
once the ecu is replaced and the 550's....

720cc's and Megasquirt!
24748, RE: WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
Originally posted by Initial DSM
Originally posted by whodatt1 once the ecu is replaced and the 550's....
720cc's and Megasquirt!

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the most you will get out of 550s is 22-24psi...get some 720s and MEgasquirt and run 32psi on that monster. Wake up the beast!!!!!!
24749, RE: WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
Originally posted by whodatt1 once the ecu is replaced and the 550's....
720cc's and Megasquirt!
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the most you will get out of 550s is 22-24psi...get some 720s and MEgasquirt and run 32psi on that monster. Wake up the beast!!!!!!

lol. if I had all the cash in the world I would. Love to see what she would do at 30+psi.
for now she will run on 550's until I'm able to work on the fuel system,and afford get cams and axles.
then I will look into bigger injectors and a way to control them.
For now I'm going to see if we can set her up on 20 psi. there is no timing control either so I have to keep an eye on that.
24750, RE: WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
lol. if I had all the cash in the world I would. Love to see what she would do at 30+psi. for now she will run on 550's until I'm able to work on the fuel system,and afford get cams and axles.

I dont understand. 550's arent that much cheaper than 720's , usually the same price if you shop around...

You'll prolly find a stock ecu for 100 to 150 (most likely 150)...

cams are what...450-500?
didnt ner just put in stock cams too...

axles are $700 to 1200 depending on stage.
crazy etx is still running stock axles..

MS is what $300 so I dont see how getting a MS and 720's would be more $..

MS, 720's and some M&T slicks on 14's...
24751, RE: WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
Originally posted by whodatt1 lol. if I had all the cash in the world I would. Love to see what she would do at 30+psi. for now she will run on 550's until I'm able to work on the fuel system,and afford get cams and axles.
I dont understand. 550's arent that much cheaper than 720's , usually the same price if you shop around... You'll prolly find a stock ecu for 100 to 150 (most likely 150)... cams are what...450-500? didnt ner just put in stock cams too... axles are $700 to 1200 depending on stage. crazy etx is still running stock axles.. MS is what $300 so I dont see how getting a MS and 720's would be more $.. MS, 720's and some M&T slicks on 14's...

the 550's came with the car so i will not be paying for them. I have spent over $1300 on the car in the last month. In the words of Dave Chapell "I'm broke nigga! I'm broke!" :)
the Ms and 720's will have to wait a while. hehe
24752, RE: WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
the 550's came with the car so i will not be paying for them. I have spent over $1300 on the car in the last month. In the words of Dave Chapell "I'm broke nigga! I'm broke!" :) the Ms and 720's will have to wait a while. hehe

That sucks. Oh well were in the same boat then (only my side of the boat is sinking faster than yours)
24753, RE: WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
do it right the first time imo.

the megasquurt is hella cheap right now, and so is a set of used 720s

24754, RE: WOW.. Back on topic please!!!
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
BUMP.
I generated this page in 0.018418073654175 seconds, executing 7 queries.